Recent posts

I'll reply to this later when I have time. Also fwiw, I am not a sede.
Quote from: Bonaventure on May 17, 2024, 07:40:15 PM
QuoteBut, that was a totally non-infallible opinion of Pope Francis, and any Bishop or Cardinal can push back on it, as especially but not exclusively the African Bishops did. Pope Francis, and some others, say he only called for blessing the individuals as such, and not the union.

It's not a "totally non infallible opinion."

This isn't something a hot mic picked up.

It's part of Francis's universal and ordinary magisterium.

This isn't Francis saying he wants Leverkeusen to beat Real Madrid in the UCL final.
It really isn't "part of Francis's universal and ordinary magisterium." There actually is no such thing.

What it is, is the pope teaching "new doctrines" or heresy to the whole world. We know from V1 that the Holy Ghost was not promised to the pope so that he might make known new doctrines, which are heresies. We also know that the Church's Magisterium is always immune from error.   

Ask a Traditionalist / Re: Annulment question
Last post by Stubborn - Today at 04:35:10 AM
Quote from: Bonaventure on May 17, 2024, 06:03:27 PMRemember when Bergo flipped this on its head?

QuotePope Francis said Thursday that many sacramental marriages today are not valid, because couples do not enter into them with a proper understanding of permanence and commitment.

While he initially said in unscripted comments that "the great majority of our sacramental marriages are null," he later approved a revision of these remarks.

When the Vatican released its official transcript of the encounter the following day, they had changed the comment to say that "a portion of our sacramental marriages are null."
I've said it before - I do not want to be me at my Particular Judgement, but I'd rather be me than him. Lord have mercy!
Ask a Traditionalist / Re: Annulment question
Last post by Stubborn - Today at 04:34:05 AM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 17, 2024, 05:31:06 PM
QuoteExactly. I'm pretty sure their bad intentions wouldn't matter. I'm also pretty sure it would matter only to the NO, but who knows?
Any kind of agreement before the taking of the vows that was against the integrity of the marriage, would invalidate it. For example, an agreement that the marriage would be "open" i.e. the couples could have relations with other people, is against the bond of the exclusive right of the spouse to the body of their spouse. An agreement not to have any children; is against the primary end of the sacrament; and would also invalidate it.
You could be right Michael, but the thing to keep always in the forefront is that the Church stands like a firm backstop with or for the sacrament at all times and all circumstances *initially,* even when the marriage is not sacramental and is indeed able to be annulled.

By that I mean the Church (Marriage Tribunal) *might* first, *only consider* annulling a marriage where one or both are un-baptized, and even then would only give it actual or a more serious consideration if one of the spouses wanted to convert to the Catholic faith but the other spouse refused. IOW, it's not a sure thing, it's never a sure thing.

Supposing this above annulment was actually being considered, they first try to save that marriage. For example, they could (and likely would) insist the converting spouse spend a year or more (or less) trying to convert the other spouse, or make them separate for some period of time, or prohibit them from separation, or anyone of a multitude of other efforts, all aimed at preserving that marriage - always for the good and the salvation of all involved before there could be any hope of actually having that marriage annulled. Even if it was finally determined that the other spouse's conversion would never happen, the Church could STILL deny an annulment.

That is how it used to be. This is why annulments were so rare they were almost unheard of pre-V2. The Church, we might say is steadfastly vehement or ferocious in her defense and preservation of the sacraments, all of them, but more especially I think when it comes to this sacrament.         

Which is why I think the safest and simplest way to look at it is if they said: "I Do = valid."               
The Bookstore / Re: Normandt' Catholic Meditat...
Last post by Normandt - Today at 04:29:43 AM
160. The path to peace

"Love and truth will meet; justice and peace will kiss. Truth will spring from the earth; justice will look down from heaven." Psalm 85, verses 11 to 12

The Love of God who leans toward us seeks his truth in us. God's justice brings peace to our lives. Justice is all that God offers us. May we share what we receive from God: Joy, peace, hope, mercy...

We read that Love is received in the Truth and the Justice of God leads to peace. Now, how can we get peace in our hearts if we are quick to get into conflict and slow to listen to God? How to get peace, when some groups in the world provoke war and want to control the world?

The bottom line is very simple. Everything is simple with the Trinity. When we turn away from Love, from Truth, from God's righteousness, we do not have peace, we do not live justice, love and truth. The lack of peace causes war and makes the path to peace more difficult.

Peace is a sign, a foretaste of holiness. Peace is a sign that we are a family, a people approaching God. Let's observe the peace, the truth, the justice and the love of a person, a family, a people, a nation and we will discover the quality of their openness to God. The lack of these dimensions is diminishing the ability to receive the Love of God.

The new American Bible, 2011-2014
Book: Watch with faith, Normand Thomas
Why let a thing like sin bar you from living in eternal pleasure with a benevolent god?

"Let's not argue and bicker about who killed who!"
Its so exciting for him. God bless him, I love to hear stories of non bunker trads spreading their wings.
People do not disagree enough with young, pretty women (because they are young, pretty women), so they end up having wacky ideas like "random men are more dangerous to women than bears" and being completely out of touch with reality.
Harrison Butker is a example of how worldly fame should be used to inspire traditional Catholic values in people. God bless him.
The Coffee Pot / Re: Catholic Memes
Last post by clau clau - Today at 02:10:26 AM
Coincidence, I think not.