Tapatalk

Started by Mono no aware, April 08, 2017, 08:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mono no aware

I recently acquired an iPod, my first ever "mini" or "mobile" device, and so I've finally been able to see what the forum looks like using the Tapatalk app.  Three observations. 

First: if you make an OP, it's a good idea to include an image, because Tapatalk will use that image as a thumbnail for your thread.  If you don't include an image, it seems as if the thread is automatically given one by an algorithm that does an internet image search for something relevant (and it doesn't always succeed.  Some images are totally incongruous).  If someone posts an image (or a video) later on in the thread, it'll switch from the algorithm's selection to the most recently posted image (or video screen shot).  But if you want your thread to have a good visual accompaniment for mobile users, choose an image of your own.

Second: either Tapatalk doesn't show the "thanks" on a post, or my technological ineptitude prevents me from finding the setting that enables "thanks" views.

Third: I can finally appreciate why Der Kopf has long been so concerned with quote-trimming.  Please, for the love of sanity, always trim your quotes.

Prayerful

Never used it. Smartphones have big enough screens for the desktop version.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Kaesekopf

I use tapatalk. 

You can turn off images preview in settings.  That's what I did.

Tapatalk doesn't support the thanks modification.  Only can see that through the browser. 

Glad someone realizes my pain. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

attiret

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 08, 2017, 12:36:34 PM
You can turn off images preview in settings. 

Can you turn off that signature?

Kaesekopf

Quote from: attiret on April 08, 2017, 12:43:11 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 08, 2017, 12:36:34 PM
You can turn off images preview in settings. 

Can you turn off that signature?
Yes.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

LouisIX

I absolutely abhor typing anything more than 140 characters without a full keyboard. I don't know how anyone does it.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Mono no aware

Quote from: LouisIX on April 08, 2017, 03:48:19 PM
I absolutely abhor typing anything more than 140 characters without a full keyboard. I don't know how anyone does it.

I can't do it either.  I only use Safari and Tapatalk to check e-mails and forums.  If I need to respond to anything, I'll wait until I'm at the computer.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Pon de Replay on April 08, 2017, 04:54:54 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on April 08, 2017, 03:48:19 PM

I can't do it either.  I only use Safari and Tapatalk to check e-mails and forums.  If I need to respond to anything, I'll wait until I'm at the computer.

Generally what I do.

Except not that Safari crap.

Mono no aware

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 08, 2017, 12:36:34 PMYou can turn off images preview in settings.

Gracias for the tip.  Although for now, I'm finding the images mildly amusing.  The algorithm makes inexplicable choices.  The image it provided for a thread entitled "Trump inches towards Neo Con War" is the cover of Paul McCartney's 1971 album, Ram.

:huh:

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Pon de Replay on April 09, 2017, 08:03:56 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 08, 2017, 12:36:34 PMYou can turn off images preview in settings.

Gracias for the tip.  Although for now, I'm finding the images mildly amusing.  The algorithm makes inexplicable choices.  The image it provided for a thread entitled "Trump inches towards Neo Con War" is the cover of Paul McCartney's 1971 album, Ram.

:huh:
[emoji38]

It does pick interesting thread photos.

Elizabeth