Geek Squad services at best buy?

Started by princeguy885, June 10, 2014, 05:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

princeguy885

Is having geek squad come out to set up the HD on a samsung tv worth it? I cant get my tv to look as good as the ones in the store, and its the same model 1080p 32 inch and im considering paying the money to have them come see what the problem is. also any one who has had this done before please comment.

Habitual_Ritual

Try youtube first. Are you viewing HD DVD or just regular SD TV?
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Habitual_Ritual

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Akavit

HD TV won't display in HD unless you have an HD TV subscription, are watching an HD channel or are watching an HD movie from a disc.

Not sure what you're doing but I thought I'd mention that just in case you didn't realize it.  Naturally, the stores will be playing HD recordings on their displays to get the best appearance.

Ever notice how the pictures on Ipad displays always look better than the ones people have on their own devices?

The Harlequin King

Unless you have a lot of peripheral equipment that you're not familiar with (audio receiver and surround speakers, multiple input devices), you'll just be paying for the privilege of having someone move some sliders left or right on your remote.

What are you watching, and why do you think the store displays look better?

An HDTV requires an HD picture. For channels, that means watching from HD versions of whatever channel you're looking for (TNT HD, for instance). For home video, it means Blu-Ray, not DVD. Furthermore, you should ensure that your TV is connected to any input devices by an HDMI cable. Any other kind is inferior.

Akavit

Don't buy the HDMI cable from Best Buy either.  They're severely marked up in price.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Kaesekopf on June 10, 2014, 09:10:22 AM
...90% sure op is spambot.

You're probably right. Didn't think to look for the signs.

Gardener

Buncha grandmothers up in he'e....

"Area Grandma Enjoys Flourishing Correspondence With Mailer-Daemon".

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-grandma-enjoys-flourishing-correspondence-wit,35100/

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Akavit

At least I got my Best Buy bashing in.