Chinese dropping like flies

Started by james03, January 23, 2020, 07:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tales

Aeternitus,

Thank you for the list.  I've been working on curing IBS for many years and that includes various diets and naturopathic remedies, supplements and what not.  I am always interested to hear what naturopathic remedies work for different people.  What do you yourself use on a daily basis?

Aeternitus

Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on April 28, 2020, 05:26:01 AM
Aeternitus,

Thank you for the list.  I've been working on curing IBS for many years and that includes various diets and naturopathic remedies, supplements and what not.  I am always interested to hear what naturopathic remedies work for different people.  What do you yourself use on a daily basis?

Hi Davis,

The only supplements I take every day are Vit B and C and this is because they are not stored in the body, but excreted daily.  I am a strong believer in trying to get as many nutrients as possible from diet rather than supplements, but this is well-nigh impossible these days, considering mass production of food, the chemicals used to produce and transport them, together with increasing their shelf life.   Consequently, I try to buy organic produce as much as possible.  It is not always possible, so I just do what I can. 

I then take supplements as needed, which is determined by what I am dealing with in my life.  I recently took a course of echinacea, not because I felt threatened by any cold, but purely because I wanted to boost my immune system in the event of being "forced" to have a flu vaccination, which I have never had in my life.  My mother's nursing home is insisting that visitors have flu vaccinations.  I am going to fight this, but I just wanted to be prepared in case I was shoved into a corner and build my immune system up so it could deal with the vaccination!   I would have the vaccination if forced to, provided it wasn't made from any immoral substance, so I would do my homework there too.   

The golden seal really helped my digestive issues when they were quite debilitating.  It is a truly wonderful herb, but I haven't needed to take it for some years now.  I don't suffer from IBS, but every now and then stress gives me digestive issues.  Instead of going to a naturopathic for golden seal, (which I would if it were ongoing) I take something called "Iberogast" when this occurs, which is available from both pharmacists and health shops over the counter.   It is recommended for IBS.  I find it immediately helpful and always have it on hand.   I also know others who swear by it.  It contains 9 herbs and here is a link about it.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/iberogast-for-ibs-4107574

I also drink 2 tsps of organic apple cider vinegar (with the mother in it) in hottish water in the morning and 2 tsps at night with a tsp raw honey.  I find this helpful for digestion also, together with other benefits. 

At the moment, I am taking something called rhodiola rosea.  I take this when my life is extra stressful, which it has been.  I find it extremely effective, inasmuch as it calms me down and enables me to juggle a multitude of things with ease.  I am highly strung by nature and this noticeably reduces anxiety associated with stress, which, when internalised, as I tend to do, affects my digestion also.  Once things calm down, I stop taking the rhodiola and just have it on hand.  However, initially one should take it for a month or two to notice the effects.  I have recommended this to others who have also had very positive results, but one friend, who is phlegmatic by nature, didn't really find it helpful. Their "anxiety", however, is insomnia induced, so I guess that is the underlying problem that needs addressing for them.   

https://www.organicfacts.net/rhodiola-rosea.html

Hope this is helpful. 

John Lamb

"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

Miriam_M

I saw that, and saw the Fox discussion of that last night directly with Dr. Erickson. 

I've said over and over (like him) that we should have started the process of herd immunity, and that delaying it will cause artificial "spikes" and "surges" just in time for the U.S. presidential election in November.  The ultra left media never could abide the fact that Trump -- or any Republican -- was elected in 2016, and thus they are united in their effort to manipulate the news and even the progress of a disease in order to accomplish their goals.

The lawyers are asleep. Among the many constitutional infringements on display is the power of Youtube and Google to restrict information flow. 

clau clau

More Chutzpah on display.  Those Orthodox Jews are growing on me.

Not gonna lie, at first I thought there was an Abraham Lincoln convention.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QJmExSMz28[/yt]
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Greg

Imagine if the SSPX had kept all their chapels open, welcomed all comers, and had 24 hour mass schedules on Sunday inviting conservative minded independent priests to say the old rite masses in the chapels they could not get to.  6 feet between people in pews, and challenged the authorities to arrest them for providing the sacraments.

I bet the authorities in most places would not have the balls.

What would charges of "schismatic" mean then?  Schism from a Church that does not have the balls to keep churches open because of a pandemic killing 1 in 400?

An opportunity squandered.

Sure, a handful of SSPX priests are in jail for child sexual abuse, but three dozen are in there for providing the sacraments.  How many would newChurch have?

They would let them out after a few weeks, but they could bask in the glory for years.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Innocent Smith

Quote from: clau clau on April 30, 2020, 02:59:13 AM

Careful, there.  You don't want to be accused of anti-semitism, do you?

World Jewish Congress President Ron Lauder Blasts De Blasio for 'Feeding Antsemites'

Have a look at the frightening comments.  Some are outright essays vomiting up all the Pro-Israel propaganda these Christian Zionists have been fed all their lives. 
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Greg on April 30, 2020, 04:47:27 AM
Imagine if the SSPX had kept all their chapels open, welcomed all comers, and had 24 hour mass schedules on Sunday inviting conservative minded independent priests to say the old rite masses in the chapels they could not get to.  6 feet between people in pews, and challenged the authorities to arrest them for providing the sacraments.

I bet the authorities in most places would not have the balls.

What would charges of "schismatic" mean then?  Schism from a Church that does not have the balls to keep churches open because of a pandemic killing 1 in 400?

An opportunity squandered.

Sure, a handful of SSPX priests are in jail for child sexual abuse, but three dozen are in there for providing the sacraments.  How many would newChurch have?

They would let them out after a few weeks, but they could bask in the glory for years.
The SSPX chapel in Davie, Fla. Has remained open through this whole thing, and my brother says that they are getting many N.O. People who are now coming to Mass. Some have told him that they will never go back to the N.O.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Jayne

Quote from: Michael Wilson on April 30, 2020, 10:14:34 AM
The SSPX chapel in [deleted] has remained open through this whole thing, and my brother says that they are getting many N.O. People who are now coming to Mass. Some have told him that they will never go back to the N.O.

Thanks for the encouraging story.  May I suggest that we do not include identifying information when discussing which chapels are open. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Miriam_M

Jayne

Congratulations to the "Chinese dropping like flies" thread on reaching number 8 spot in the Top Ten Topics (by replies) in the forum stats.  May it continue to inform and entertain us.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

mikemac

Quote from: Innocent Smith on April 30, 2020, 09:29:53 AM
Quote from: clau clau on April 30, 2020, 02:59:13 AM

Careful, there.  You don't want to be accused of anti-semitism, do you?

World Jewish Congress President Ron Lauder Blasts De Blasio for 'Feeding Antsemites'

Have a look at the frightening comments.  Some are outright essays vomiting up all the Pro-Israel propaganda these Christian Zionists have been fed all their lives.

Some of the comments to the video are good though.

"Life's hard, it's harder if you're stupid."
                  John Wayne
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Therese

Quote from: Jayne on April 30, 2020, 10:46:14 AM
The SSPX chapel in [deleted] has remained open through this whole thing, and my brother says that they are getting many N.O. People who are now coming to Mass. Some have told him that they will never go back to the N.O.

Thanks for the encouraging story.  May I suggest that we do not include identifying information when discussing which chapels are open.

Our priests have done all that they can from the beginning. The priests have heard confessions outside in the cold and damp. They have distributed communion one person or family at a time for hours on end. All day adoration, of which every hour was filled up for weeks. We now have Mass with limited numbers. You have to sign up for Holy Communion and Mass, and I have seen quite a few names I don't know, and assume they are coming from the diocese or the surrounding ones.  I know that one of our priests has been at his mission chapel since the start of this, doing the same thing, I am sure.

It hasn't been easy on the faithful, and I am sure it has been just as hard for the priests. God willing we come out of this loving the faith, the Mass and the Sacraments more, and not taking for granted that we will always have easy access. The end is in sight to some return to normalcy soon here, praying that the same will happen everywhere else as well.

Michael Wilson

My bad!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Therese

Quote from: Michael Wilson on April 30, 2020, 04:31:58 PM

My bad!

But in Florida, churches are allowed to stay open, so there should not be any issue on saying the location. :-)