Chinese dropping like flies

Started by james03, January 23, 2020, 07:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lambda Phage

Oh brother.

Do the few of you who think this is all made up REALLY think that only you few people on this planet are smart enough to have figured this out?

I'm really curious as to what you guys do for a living?

By the way, whoever the dumbass is that thought we were going to war with Iran a couple months ago, can you raise your hand? I haven't forgotten about that one. Nobody will ever take you guys seriously.

Kreuzritter

Quote from: Lambda Phage on March 12, 2020, 01:23:27 PM
Oh brother.

Do the few of you who think this is all made up REALLY think that only you few people on this planet are smart enough to have figured this out?

By the way, whoever the dumbass is that thought we were going to war with Iran a couple months ago, can you raise your hand? I haven't forgotten about that one. Nobody will ever take you guys seriously.

Thanks for demonstrating again that you have no argument and no grasp of logic.

QuoteDo the few of you who think this is all made up REALLY think that only you few people on this planet are smart enough to have figured this out?

I really curious as to whether or not you think this constitutes and actual argumentative objection. I'm also curious as to whether you're self-aware enough to see the laughable hypocrisy of a traditional Catholic, one of a tiny minority who cling to truth claims which the overwhelming majority of mankind explicitly deny, saying it.

abc123

Quote from: Lambda Phage on March 12, 2020, 01:23:27 PM
Oh brother.

I'm really curious as to what you guys do for a living?

I don't recall anybody saying this is "all made up." I also don't think we are the only ones who think this is a media driven click bait crisis.

People are getting sick. But the level of panic and fear seems to be driven more by headlines than facts.

I'm surprised that trads, who normally question what the media feeds, us are swallowing this one book, line and sinker.

Though I seem to recall from some of your previous posts that you get annoyed at anyone questioning official media narratives on a host of issues so I'm not surprised at your attitude here.

Kreuzritter

Quote from: abc123 on March 12, 2020, 02:42:08 PM
People are getting sick. But the level of panic and fear seems to be driven more by headlines than facts.

The latter is indisputably true going by the official figures for infections and deaths and who is dying. But it's not just driven by headlines but also by government measures. Italy quarantining 16 million people and ordering businesses like stores, restaurants, etc.to close is insanity, the self-destruction of an economy for the sake of trying to prevent deaths of the elderly and terminally ill.

QuoteThough I seem to recall from some of your previous posts that you get annoyed at anyone questioning official media narratives on a host of issues so I'm not surprised at your attitude here.

Oh, if you dare question the version of vents and ideas he subscribes to, if you dare even suggest that mainstream narratives could be wrong or, worse, deliberate false constructs, you're some kind of gnostic. Then again, these days I don't think those gnostics were all as bad as they're made out to be, so whatever.

King Wenceslas

Now the Dow is dropping like flies.

QuoteBlack Thursday: "One Giant Margin Call" Drags Dow Down 10%

"The fact that Treasuries, munis, and gold are getting hit tells me that everything is for sale right now. One giant margin call where even the safe-havens aren't safe anymore. Except for cash."

The Fed unveiled an unprecedented liquidity facility to rescue malfunction Treasury markets from themselves.. but it failed terribly.

The chaos in Treasury markets - which The Fed hoped to fix with its $4 trillion bazooka - remain as liquidity evaporated again and yields soared into the close, despite equity ugliness.

Gold was smashed lower today on massive volume as it seems the "liquidate eveything" plan is in play.

And if none of that worries you - this might. USA's sovereign credit risk is rising notably.

Treasuries going illiquid. Heavens to Betsy that is impossible! But it is true.

If this continues, the Government will be bankrupt within months. Next hyper-inflation.

Dementia Joe will then be the next president. Bye, bye Stormy Donald.

The silent majority will have wished they had gone on a rampage when abortion in 1971 was voted in by those lawyers in black robes.

Bubble has met its pin.

DOW
? 2,352.60 (9.99%)

NASDAQ
? 750.25 (9.43%)

S&P 500
? 260.74 (9.51%)

Kreuzritter

Here's how things are going down in South Africa.

If you have symptoms of cold and flu, it's just cold or flu. Unless you recently travelled to China, Italy, etc. Then they will PCR test you, best two out of three. 16 cases. 13 of 16 "asymptomatic". And the first case was tested again and is now supposedly negative.

What a joke.

Christe Eleison

The thing that bothers me the most, is that in Italy the older people & or people with underlying conditions are left to DIE!

I saw a video, interview of an Italian Doctor that clearly stated that if the hospital only has 1 ICU bed left,
1 ventilator left, and a younger person in their 30's needs it, as well as a 50 or 60 year old (forget a 70 or 80 year old  :'() The hospital will choose the younger person.  :pray2:

So, the high number of deaths in Italy is due to the hospitals being swamped, not enough Doctors, nurses, ICU beds, ventilators, etc.

Death panels  :'( They are selecting who can live or die...

God helps us all! :pray2:

MaximGun

james03

QuoteThis line of argumentation is the favourite straw man of the anti-conspiracy-theorists.

No, it's a serious question.  Throwing darts is easy.  Tell us your theory of what is going on at Italian hospitals.

QuoteI'm surprised that trads, who normally question what the media feeds, us are swallowing this one book, line and sinker.
What are you even talking about?  The themes have been:
1.  Stock up by buying what you would eat anyhow, because you could end up in quarantine.
2.  For healthy people, expect this to be like the flu.
3.  The main threat is economic.  Raise your savings.

On point 3, the stock market wipe out is going to bankrupt pension funds.  The main driver of growth in the U.S., oil, has been wiped out.  We will definitely get a recession out of this.  Then there are the airlines.

One thing, now is the time to lock in home heating oil if that is what you use to heat your house.  Fill up the tank.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Vetus Ordo

How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okg7uq_HrhQ[/yt]

How Coronavirus causes fatalities from acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) by pulmonologist Dr. Seheult of https://www.medcram.com. This video illustrates how viruses can cause pneumonia or widespread lung inflammation resulting in ARDS. Includes evidenced-based ARDS treatment breakthrough strategies: Low tidal volume ventilation, paralysis, and prone positioning.

See our first 3 videos on the novel coronavirus:

1. Coronavirus outbreak, transmission, and pathophysiology:

[yt][/yt]

2. Coronavirus symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment:

[yt][/yt]

3. Coronavirus Update 3: Spread, Quarantine, Projections, & Vaccine:

[yt][/yt]
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Xavier

If we will heed the warnings of the Italian people, the time to act pre-emptively and more strongly to defeat the virus is right now.

A couple of perspectives: https://theintercept.com/2020/03/12/italy-coronavirus-united-states-preparedness/

"Why I'd Rather Be in Italy for the Coronavirus Pandemic

"I HAVE SPENT the last week looking for flights from New York to Italy — not because of coronavirus-inspired flash sales, but because I would rather go home to a country that's currently in the grip of one of the worst outbreaks in the world than stay in the United States, where life is about to get infinitely worse.

More than 15,000 people have tested positive for the new coronavirus in Italy, more than 1,000 have died, and hospitals are at a breaking point. Hundreds of medical staff have been infected, and overwhelmed doctors are reporting having to choose which patients to treat. They are begging the rest of the world to take this virus more seriously. The entire country — 60.5 million people — has been on lockdown for almost a week ...

And: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/12/coronavirus-new-york-will-see-same-trajectory-of-cases-as-china-south-korea-and-italy-gov-cuomo-says.html

"Cuomo said the state was trying to limit the contagion by reducing "density," or events where a large number of people gather in a close environment. There are currently at least 328 confirmed cases in New York, he said, adding that if the state's actual cases were "10 times that, I would not be surprised."

He said there is no end date for the new rules and they will be "recalibrated" to the spread of the virus and the treatment of the virus.

"Obviously, we all want to get back to work as soon as possible," Cuomo said. "As soon as we go back to normal, we will go back to normal. But we are still ascending, right. We are still ascending on the upward trajectory of this disease."
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Heinrich

Quote from: Graham on January 25, 2020, 12:40:16 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on January 25, 2020, 10:05:31 AM
Good take by that Cheeky Coot, Derbyshire:

https://www.unz.com/jderbyshire/america-catches-coronavirus-panic/

This take is dead wrong. Potential pandemics are a kind of risk that's vastly ameliorated by public concern and swift action. Being beaten by a Chinese prison guard may currently be causing more deaths, but it's a health risk that doesnt have the potential to spread geometrically across the globe in a matter of months. Comparing the two makes him look dumb.

Looks like Graham is correct.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

james03

Italy:  15,000 cases, 1,000 dead
USA:  1675 cases, 40 dead.

I have to get more rabid in my prognostications.  I was calling for 1500 by Sunday.

At this rate we'll be pushing 10,000 a week from Sunday.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Xavier

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Infections: 134,513
Deaths: 4,970
Critical: 5,994

Countries: 125

So we're nearing 5000 deaths and a further 6000 in a critical condition, who may be in danger of death. Less than 2 months ago, we were at 26 deaths in only one single country and several hundred people infected. Let's hope the trajectory of the virus is stopped or at least slowed down, but if not, we could be looking at tens of millions of infections a couple of months from now. If from 25 deaths in one country, it can speed up to 5000 deaths in 125 countries at 2 months, now that the virus is in 125 countries, how much faster is it likely to spread, unless precautions are taken?
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)