What are your favorite hobbies?

Started by Bernadette, August 24, 2019, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

If you're anything like me, you love to discuss your hobbies. So what are you up to? Any new endeavors, or are you committed to a certain few?
My Lord and my God.

drummerboy

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnnkVLsiPZ8[/yt]

Training for the eminent takeover of imperialist capitalist dogs.  But I also enjoy Taekwondo (traditional, non-Olympic style), gardening, reading, playing computer games (World of Tanks), and attempting to learn French.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Philip G.

I am growing some sweet corn, about a 15 x 15 ft, and it is ready for harvest within the next week or two.  I have watered it all by hand/bucket.  We have been through a lot. 

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Gardener

Guns, archery, reading, hunting, home brewing.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Lynne

Quilting, quilting, quilting.  :cheesehead:

While I've been out of work, I've spent some time trying to get my sewing room organized. I'm embarrassed by the number of projects that I have in-progress. So, the past 2 weeks, I've tried to work on a couple of them so I at least understand where I am in the project.

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Philip G.

Quote from: Gardener on August 25, 2019, 02:36:03 PM

Have you ever made watermelon wine? 

How about these three for hobbies?

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Heinrich

Fishing, weight lifting, college football, dogs, German poetry.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Fleur-de-Lys

I like cooking, gardening, reading, and studying history and languages.

Gardener

Quote from: Philip G. on August 25, 2019, 05:12:53 PM
Quote from: Gardener on August 25, 2019, 02:36:03 PM

Have you ever made watermelon wine? 

How about these three for hobbies?

I have not made any watermelon wine, but if I could find a cheap enough source for the juice I'd try it. Might also try adding some honey or using an ale yeast for a sweet "cider".

Aside from apple cider/wine (its abv might have pushed it to a wine category), I've done cherry, blueberry, and pear. Pear ended up very hot and needs a few years to settle down. Kinda wished I'd have corked rather than capped. I also did a pineapple coconut which was a complete failure.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

mikemac

Fishing, hunting (not much anymore), history, model railroading, including railroad history.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

MundaCorMeum

I like to dabble in several hobbies vs. commit to just one ;).  Yarn crafts are definitely up there.... knitting and crocheting.  I also like hand-sewing and embroidery.  I prefer hand work to machine.  Currently, most of my hobby time is spent on sourdough baking.  I love baking breads.  I enjoy gardening, too, but at almost 9 months pregnant in the hot and humid deep south, that's just not happening at the moment.  I will, however, sit on the patio and watch the hummingbirds (aka "honey birds" according to my two year old) fight over the feeder.  My boys enjoy bird watching and identifying with me, too, as a hobby.

Obrien

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Vetus Ordo

I enjoy memorizing koranic verses.

It's a relaxing exercise.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.