Recent posts

General Catholic Discussion / Re: Would you rather...?
Last post by josh987654321 - April 27, 2024, 11:25:57 PM
It depends, many variables.

I'm of the opinion of clau clau and Kaesekopf, grow where you are planted as much as possible, but if times are desperate, one can never rule it out.

I'd also say in regards to woke and less woke, that I think the same was true before WWII, as the Allies all dabbled with the Darwinism, Atheism and Eugenics of the Nazis, it's only when they could see what the Nazis did with it, and that they were the ones declared the 'inferior' race to die out or be killed off, that they went in the opposite direction, just like the 'liberals' during the French Revolution who supported many of their ideas, until they witnessed the 'Reign of Terror' in the name of 'Liberty'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics_in_the_United_States

So as long as the 'less woke' are not caught in the net when it becomes full and gets dragged in, they can wake up and go in the opposite direction if they still have the means to do so.

Personally I don't have the means or connections to make such a massive move even if I wanted to, so I will stay where I am no matter what and pray for the best.

God Bless
The Coffee Pot / Re: interesting purchase you m...
Last post by Greg - April 27, 2024, 10:54:18 PM
Miele dishwasher.  Full working order for 5 pounds.

They are about 800 quid new.

Found it on ebay.  Man wanted 50 quid, did not sell because he was in the sticks most likely.  Wrote and offered 30 quid.  He said have it for free because he thought it had a drain issue and just wanted shot of it.  I paid 5 quid in order to get his address without being banned from ebay.

There was nothing wrong with the drain that backflushing the sump did not clear.

Did require me to take a 2 hour drive through Kent to pick it up.  He lived on farm overlooking Bewl Water.  Lovely drive.
General Catholic Discussion / Re: Would you rather...?
Last post by Bonaventure - April 27, 2024, 10:16:42 PM
Quote from: Baylee on April 26, 2024, 06:44:11 PMWell you two are on a roll.  What are you trying to accomplish by mocking those of us who have strong opinions on the invalidity of new order priests/where we prefer to assist mass?

This forum is the virtual house/cafe/meetup spot for the "two of us."

I am not sure who you are claiming to speak on behalf of when you use the first person plural pronoun of "us."

Here is a clear example of you interjecting your belief that the new rites of ordination and consecration are invalid into a discussion that did not broach these topics:

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=31538.msg629717#msg629717

The OP is clearly not a sedevacantist, SSPXer, etc. and stated she went to her "local parish." Also, a quick glance at her posting history demonstrates she has demonstrable anxiety and scruples regarding many issues in her life.

It is clearly your view that the best course of action in that moment was for you to post what you did, and promote your "party line" on the current situation in the Church.

I've been around for a long time, and the most prolific, intelligent, and charitable Sedevacantist posters I knew ( @Michael Wilson or @INPEFESS ) did not do this, either on this, or other forums, that they participated on.

So, I can post exactly what I posted, and if you don't like it, it's on you. I am not going to stand by and allow one invited into our virtual "house" or "coffee shop" to proceed to call all of my guests who are non-sede as having a position aligned with non-Catholics/enemies of the Church, or to constantly tell people who go to their local parish that all of their sacraments are invalid. It would be bad hospitality on my part, if nothing else.

QuoteWould you like me to leave the forum? If so just say the word because your childish/rude behavior is getting old.

If either of us wanted you gone, it would be done in an instant. As Tony Soprano said, "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?"

Neither of us, nor anyone for that matter, forces anyone to log in, type, and hit the post button.
The Bookstore / Re: RULE/MARTYROLOGY THREAD
Last post by OmniaInstaurareInChristo - April 27, 2024, 07:22:27 PM
The reading appointed from the Rule of St. Benedict for April 28:

CHAPTER LXX
That no one presume to strike another

Let every occasion of presumption be banished from the Monastery. We ordain, therefore, that no one be allowed to excommunicate or strike any of his brethren, unless authority to do so shall have been given him by the Abbot. Let such as offend herein be rebuked in the presence of all, that the rest may be struck with fear. With regard to the children, however, let them be kept by all under diligent and watchful discipline, until their fifteenth year: yet this, too, with measure and discretion. For if any one presume, without leave of the Abbot, to chastise such as are above that age, or shew undue severity even to the children, he shall be subjected to the discipline of the Rule, because it is written: "What thou wouldest not have done to thyself, do not thou to another."

Martyrology-April 29th
Roman Martyrology-April 29th-on this date in various years-

St. Peter, a martyr of the Order of Preachers, who was slain for the Catholic faith on the 6th day of April.

At Rome, the birthday of St. Catherine of Siena, virgin of the Third Order of St. Dominic, renowned for her holy life and her miracles. She was inscribed among the canonized virgins by Pope Pius II. Her feast, however, is celebrated on the following day.

At Paphos in Cyprus, St. Tychicus, a disciple of the blessed Apostle Paul, who called him in his Epistles, "most dear brother," "faithful minister," and "fellow-servant in the Lord".

At Pisa in Tuscany, the martyr St. Torpes, who filled a high office in the court of Nero, and was one of those of whom the apostle wrote from Rome to the Philippians: "All the saints salute you, especially those that are of the house of Caesar." For the faith of Christ, he was, by order of Satellicus, beaten, cruelly scourged, and delivered to the beasts to be devoured, but remained uninjured. He completed his martyrdom by being beheaded.

At Cirta in Numidia, the birthday of the holy martyrs Apapius and Secundinus, bishops, who, after a long exile in that city, added to the glory of their priesthood the crown of martyrdom. They suffered in the persecution of Valerian, during which the enraged Gentiles made every effort to shake the faith of the just. In their company suffered Aemilian, a soldier, Tertulla and Antonia, consecrated virgins, and a woman with her twin children.

In the island of Codyra, the seven holy thieves who were converted to Christ by St. Jason, and gained eternal life by martyrdom.

At Naples in Campania, Bishop St. Severus, who, among other prodigies, raised for a short time a dead man from the grave in order to convict of falsehood the lying creditor of a widow and her children.

At Brescia, St. Paulinus, bishop and confessor.

In the monastery of Cluny in France, St. Hugh Abbot.

In the monastery of Molesmes in France, St. Robert, the first abbot of the Cistercians.

And elsewhere in divers places, many other holy martyrs, confessors, and holy virgins.
R. Thanks be to God.
Arts and Leisure / Re: What are you currently rea...
Last post by Bernadette - April 27, 2024, 06:09:37 PM
The Hound of the Baskervilles, my favorite Sherlock Holmes story.
Ask a Traditionalist / Re: Opulence in Restaurant Foo...
Last post by Heinrich - April 27, 2024, 04:58:27 PM
In my honest opinion, eating out is horrid. Horrid food, horrid prices. Horrid I tell you.
General News and Discussion / Re: Russia Invades Ukraine
Last post by Heinrich - April 27, 2024, 04:48:29 PM
Quote from: james03 on April 27, 2024, 09:22:38 AMThey might have committed 30%.  They are keeping a huge reserve due to a possible war with NATO.

Hopefully the Ukraine Army will collapse soon and end this. They are looking shaky.

Do you know of weaponry that is not being utilized? I remember seeing a video 5 years ago of a tank like chassis thing that had twin gatline guns and rocket baskets. Terrifying as all heck. I assume it was designed to thrwart a tried and true Chinese battle tactic: send a million men over the ridge to overwhelm. 
Ask a Traditionalist / Re: Opulence in Restaurant Foo...
Last post by clau clau - April 27, 2024, 04:12:14 PM
Quote from: Greg on April 27, 2024, 12:05:23 AMClau Clau and I went to Trump's inauguration 7.5 years ago and stopped at steak house in Pennsylvania.  Can't remember the name of the town other than it began with the letter D and was right on the highway.  Dane?
I think it was Bear, Delaware (Long Horn Steakhouse)
Ask a Traditionalist / Re: Engagement\betrothal break...
Last post by Bernadette - April 27, 2024, 01:05:11 PM
Quote from: paxvobis on April 26, 2024, 07:11:30 PMAs to everybody else, I'm not saying people are wicked if they break it off. But I will say that people are less willing to give you a chance if you were the offending party. Man or woman.
The one who broke it off, or the one whose character qualities made it necessary for it to be broken off?