The Former West is Nuts,

Started by james03, January 10, 2024, 10:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

infested with women in leadership.

Link to Article

QuoteThe piece begins by describing a collision that will take place, 4 to 7 billion years hence, between the Milky Way and its closest galaxy, Andromeda.  Immediately the word "collision" is seen as triggering. One of Madrid's students described the future collision instead as "a giant galactic hug." But the person who sent me this link added this comment:

My wife says that if Andromeda doesn't want the Milky Way to hug her then it's interstellar sexual assault. ...

The use of hypercharged words in our field ignores the fact that this violent imagery can trigger distress in colleagues who might have been victims of violence. ...

To shift toward more welcoming and truthful language in astronomy, scientific journals can push to change the currently accepted language.

Written by a virtue signaling soy boy, but we can guess who runs this once prestigious journal.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

awkward customer

Quote from: james03 on January 10, 2024, 10:29:25 AMinfested with women in leadership.

Link to Article

QuoteThe piece begins by describing a collision that will take place, 4 to 7 billion years hence, between the Milky Way and its closest galaxy, Andromeda.  Immediately the word "collision" is seen as triggering. One of Madrid's students described the future collision instead as "a giant galactic hug." But the person who sent me this link added this comment:

My wife says that if Andromeda doesn't want the Milky Way to hug her then it's interstellar sexual assault. ...

The use of hypercharged words in our field ignores the fact that this violent imagery can trigger distress in colleagues who might have been victims of violence. ...

To shift toward more welcoming and truthful language in astronomy, scientific journals can push to change the currently accepted language.

Written by a virtue signaling soy boy, but we can guess who runs this once prestigious journal.

At what point do we just laugh at this kind of stuff?

james03

I prefer standing on a street corner, clanging an annoying cowbell, and screaming: "The end is nye you faggots."

But laughing at them is good too.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

QuoteLloyd Austin's Deputy Ran The Pentagon From The Beach, Didn't Cancel Vacation ...

Austin and his staffers have tried to paint a picture that Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen Hicks was basically running things. But while Hicks is said to have been tasked with "some duties" during Austin's absence - it remains that she was on vacation and didn't so much as know that her boss was out of commission.

According to fresh details in The Wall Street Journal, Hicks was literally on a beach in Puerto Rico—and what's worse is that she stayed on vacation....

The comedy of errors was compounded from there. It would be hard to make this up...

The communications team which routinely travels with her, even while on leave, prepared for an elevated role while at the hotel, which required her to stick close to her communications suite, forgoing walks on the beach.
So Hicks, who found herself in charge (somewhat unknowingly perhaps) of the world's most powerful military, and at a moment the US is engaged in several hotspots from Ukraine to Syria to the Red Sea, decided that she must sacrifice walks on the sandy beaches.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/lloyd-austins-deputy-ran-pentagon-beach-didnt-cancel-vacation

Greg

One really nutty thing is how they pretend that subsonic Patriots are shooting down hypersonic Kinzhal missiles.  Everyone knows this is BS.

Obviously they are doing this to maintain the pretence that NATO can defend against Kinzhal missiles, but clearly it cannot.  If war breaks out with China those aircraft carriers in the Pacific are all going to be toast.  There's absolutely nothing in their arsenal that will stop a couple of those Kinzhals cutting through into the weapons magazine.

You can be sure that they not only have hypersonic missiles but are manufacturing them like there's no tomorrow and probably tweeking out improvements in reliability.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

james03

Patriots are supersonic, and are a good system against something like an Iskander, and with AWACS are good against cruise missiles.  It's a good missile, the "engine" moves to steer the missile, which is called "thrust vectored", making it very maneuverable,  and it has "data link", meaning an AWACS can provide targeting info to the missile while it is in flight.

However it can't hit a Dagger.  Nothing can, though the new Russian S-550 is rumored to be made to hit hypersonics.  By the time it shows up on radar, you got 20 seconds.

I'm highly skeptical that they have even hit one Kinzhal.  There's always luck and probability, but I doubt it.

As far as Aircraft carriers, they are obsolete against a relatively modern army, including Iran.  In a real war they'll be sunk before they can get close enough to launch a jet.

drummerboy

The time of the Carrier has gone - the time of the Battleship has returned!

I can only daydream....

On an interesting side note, when I was touring BB WI, the tour guide (himself a retired marine) said the absolute last resort to defend against an incoming missle was a Marine with a man held stinger middle.  THAT'S a BAD day lol!
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Greg

Can anyone explain to me how drones are taking out tanks in Ukraine?

I thought tanks had armour and therefore would need to either have something very fast and sharp penetrate the armour or a absolutely huge explosion from a tank mine to rip them apart.

How can a drone carry enough explosive to take out a tank?

Are drones purely spotting where the tanks are?  The footage is confusing.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

drummerboy

The armor of a tank is very thin on top, since they're made to engage ground targets, not a kamikaze drone from the air.  Doubtless new tank designs will take drones into account; existing designs will need armor modification or even signal jamming devices as defense(?)

Greg

Why would it be so thin on top?  Aren't they worried about being shelled by artillery rounds which are following parabolic curves?

drummerboy

Quote from: Greg on January 12, 2024, 04:56:24 PMWhy would it be so thin on top?  Aren't they worried about being shelled by artillery rounds which are following parabolic curves?

They would need an excessively heavy amount of armor to protect from artillery.  They need to strike a balance between armor and mobility, plus the low odds of a direct hit on a tank, top armor isn't worth it.  Drones could change that though.

Heinrich

Quote from: drummerboy on January 12, 2024, 05:49:40 PM
Quote from: Greg on January 12, 2024, 04:56:24 PMWhy would it be so thin on top?  Aren't they worried about being shelled by artillery rounds which are following parabolic curves?

They would need an excessively heavy amount of armor to protect from artillery.  They need to strike a balance between armor and mobility, plus the low odds of a direct hit on a tank, top armor isn't worth it.  Drones could change that though.

Correct. Like the mobility the Wehrmacht Panzers executed when they routed the British and French in May of 1940.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

james03

QuoteAmericans were stunned on Sunday afternoon after Fox News reported the Federal Aviation Administration, overseen by Mayor Secretary Pete Buttigieg's Transporation Department, rolled out a new "Diversity and Inclusion" program to hire people with "severe intellectual disability" and "psychiatric disability" (among various other disabilities), just days after the latest mid-air near-disaster involving a Boeing 737 Max heightened the public's attention to the potentially deadly impact of woke Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policies in the skies.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/faas-new-dei-hiring-quota-troubling

When you reject God, you go nuts.

(For the foreign posse, the FAA runs the air traffic controllers and is generally tasked to keep planes from falling out of the sky.)

LausTibiChriste

Flying in the US is already a gong show (FAA controllers love throwing standard phraseology out the window)...this is going to make it a LOT worse.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Heinrich on January 12, 2024, 05:57:43 PMCorrect. Like the mobility the Wehrmacht Panzers executed when they routed the British and French in May of 1940.
Had to do also with the Wehrmacht deploying their tanks "en masse" on a narrow front, instead of dispersing them through the whole front lines. They just adapted Napoleon's infantry tactics to Armor, and it worked very well.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers