I'm so angry

Started by Lynne, October 11, 2018, 06:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

I work as a contractor at a large corporation. On our project, there's 4 contractors in a group of 25(?) people. The 4 contractors were told yesterday that for the coming year, they are capping our hours at 40 hours lower than last year. So, basically, we're going to lose a week's salary. I loved this project and the work, while getting crazy busy, was challenging.

I guess I'll go to our contracting firm and tell them that I need a raise. If that doesn't happen, I'll have to look elsewhere. 
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Elizabeth

Why are they reducing the pay of critical employees while the business is picking up?  Seems like a raise would be more logical and motivating.  (((Lynne)))  :pray3:

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Lynne on October 11, 2018, 06:40:12 AM
I work as a contractor at a large corporation. On our project, there's 4 contractors in a group of 25(?) people. The 4 contractors were told yesterday that for the coming year, they are capping our hours at 40 hours lower than last year. So, basically, we're going to lose a week's salary. I loved this project and the work, while getting crazy busy, was challenging.

I guess I'll go to our contracting firm and tell them that I need a raise. If that doesn't happen, I'll have to look elsewhere.

:pray1:  :pray2: