This site

Started by Chestertonian, August 12, 2015, 06:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Is there a way to make the text bigger
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kaesekopf

You can hit ctrl and the plus sign, and itll make it all bigger.

There might be a setting in profile settings, too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Miriam_M

For me, I find the main text size perfect.  It's the quote box that's minuscule, which is probably why both Michael Wilson and I are forever enlarging it.   
:lol:

But I appreciate what Ches means, anyway.   My newer (replacement) Mac  --for the one that went swimming-- has minuscule browser fonts in Chrome which cannot be enlarged through any keys or from the trackpad when it comes to the menu itself, the tabs, and the URL.  Only page fonts can be enlarged, so one gets this bizarre difference between microscopic and huge.

Nice goin', Chrome 2011 developers.  I guess you never thought of testing that.  Just as it never occurred to you how idiotic, ugly, and embarrassing the new gmail emojis are, inaugurated mid-summer.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Miriam_M on August 12, 2015, 06:43:21 PM
For me, I find the main text size perfect.  It's the quote box that's minuscule, which is probably why both Michael Wilson and I are forever enlarging it.   
:lol:

But I appreciate what Ches means, anyway.   My newer (replacement) Mac  --for the one that went swimming-- has minuscule browser fonts in Chrome which cannot be enlarged through any keys or from the trackpad when it comes to the menu itself, the tabs, and the URL.  Only page fonts can be enlarged, so one gets this bizarre difference between microscopic and huge.

Nice goin', Chrome 2011 developers.  I guess you never thought of testing that.  Just as it never occurred to you how idiotic, ugly, and embarrassing the new gmail emojis are, inaugurated mid-summer.
not asking derkopg to change the tetsize for everyone justwondering if there is a secret place i dont know about to change my own text settings to a large print version or something

i primarily used my android tablet but my son was playinq with it on the floor andthen i accidentally ran over it so the screen is shattered...made a "crunch crunvh" sound....bye bye daddy's tablet

was able to use the site well on that but now i am on my wifes ipad mini...not a fan of ios, i feel like a stranger in a strange land

I have an easier time typingwith one hand on a touch screeen than typing on a real keyboard since that usually involves sitting up

android had great accessibility features ios, not so much...  or if it does i cant seem to figure out how to get it the way i want.  and copying and pasting is so weird, cant figure out how to do that....there's no back button,just one button to bind them all
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Shin

If you're using an ipad mini or that type of thing, most tablets have a gesture that magnifies the screen.

I think one common gesture is using two fingers, you put them on the screen and spread them apart to magnify.

Kaesekopf

Lol.  Ill poke around.  I might try to change your account settings ches.  Dont freak if it gets super hard.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Bernadette

I'll poke around on my iPad and see. I got it to read books to me, so there should be a way to enlarge text. 😉 Usually, if you double tap it makes things a little bigger.
My Lord and my God.

Miriam_M

Oh, thanks for the further explanation, Ches, but I think I did get what you meant.  :)

Pheo

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 12, 2015, 07:19:55 PMandroid had great accessibility features ios, not so much...  or if it does i cant seem to figure out how to get it the way i want.  and copying and pasting is so weird, cant figure out how to do that....there's no back button,just one button to bind them all

Should be a decent selection of accessibility settings under Settings > General > Accessibility.  You can choose a font size in there.

Nope, no dedicated back button like on Samsung, but if you're just looking to go back in a browser you can swipe from left to right starting on the left side of the screen.  Just like flipping a page of a book back.  There's a back button in the browser too.

Copy and paste?  Pretty similar to Galaxy phones I've used.  Tap and hold the word until the select menu comes up.  Drag the little guides to where you want them, and then choose copy/cut/paste from the popup menu.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 12, 2015, 07:31:46 PM
Lol.  Ill poke around.  I might try to change your account settings ches.  Dont freak if it gets super hard.

That is awesome of you

of you don't like a particular user can you make them view the site in comic sans

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 12, 2015, 07:47:53 PM

of you don't like a particular user can you make them view the site in comic sans

Cruel and unusual punishment.

Also, was unable to find any settings for your account in particular.

If you use Tapatalk (free), you have four choices - small, normal, large, very large.

For the iPad and changing font sizes:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202828

Chestertonian

Just download
Just downers that all and so far I am able to especially it better.  Might want to disable auto correct though  lol

Chestertonian

A ndroid had a light autocorrect setting that mostly gave me trouble when sliding my finger across the screen to type instead of tapping