Board Games

Started by Lyubov, January 02, 2013, 12:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyubov

What are some of your favourite/least-favourite board games?

My favourites are:

??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

TerrorDæmonum

Stratego, the traditional version, is my favourite board game. It is the only game I own (compact case, so it fits well with my now small library).

tmw89

Scrabble, Clue, and Risk are my trifecta, although the only one I've played recently is Scrabble.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: tmw89 on January 02, 2013, 12:35:13 AM
Scrabble, Clue, and Risk are my trifecta, although the only one I've played recently is Scrabble.

Risk is a good game, but it is so hard to find people to play the game to the end.

The last time I played, I won it. Since I have no idea when I will play a game to completion again, I think that may be a final victory.

And who I beat is a bit irked. He was too defensive and let me ultimately gain far more territory than he could. I was so spread out in the beginning, I thought I was a goner for sure.

Lyubov

I tried playing Risk once, but I couldn't figure out the instructions.
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

totiusque

"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Penelope

Catan, Scrabble, Scattergories, and not Monopoly. I hate Monopoly.

OCLittleFlower

Clue, Monopoly, Life, Battleship, Sorry, Taboo, Apples to Apples

I really don't care for chess -- too hard for me to keep track of.  I know how to play, but not how to win.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Vetus Ordo

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

tmw89

Quote from: Evangelium Gratiæ on January 02, 2013, 03:08:47 AM

The pie game!  I loved playing the old Genus edition back in the mid-2000s - you had to try to guess the answer circa very late Cold War, IIRC.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Penelope

When I was growing up, we had (still have, probably) a version of Trivial Pursuit from the '80s or maybe early '90s. My friends and I used to play all the time in high school and some of my friends could answer almost every question. I ran with a brainy crowd when I was 16.

Elliott

My favorite was feudal. Unfortunately it's out of print and I don't know what happened to my parents set.

Cesar_Augustus

Battleship, Chess, Draughts.

CoolCat

Favorite: Chess.
Least favorite: Monopoly.