Jayne and I have mutually agreed to quit this forum forever.

Started by Greg, September 10, 2018, 12:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on September 10, 2018, 04:29:14 PM
You confirm what I knew from the start when you proposed this to Greg - that you are sacrificing yourself for the sake of the forum.  I cannot fault you for that, I'm only sorry I didn't think of it myself, tormented by what's happened to SD. 

Even if you thought of it, you couldn't have done it.  I'm pretty sure that I am the only one Greg hates enough for this to work.

And Greg thinks that he is sacrificing himself for the sake of the forum.  I would like him to continue to think this or he might change his mind.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jayne

Quote from: Heinrich on September 10, 2018, 05:08:41 PM
The fact of the matter is is that Jayne will use another account and simply post under another name. Heck, I am almost certain that she signs in under her husband's account or some other type of proxy and reads the St. Joseph's threads.

This is not a fact.  It is something that you imagine.  Also, my husband does not have an account here and I don't read St. Joseph threads.

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Mono no aware

The only major comment I have is that I hope Greg signs in again while his editing window is still open, so he can fix the error in his OP.  He wanted to have "make her stick to her word" in a large font, but somehow it misfired and now there's a "[/size]" after that line.  The aesthetics are poor and I would hate for his last post to have that sticking out like a sore thumb.  If he wants to format it even nicer, he should use a quote box for Jayne's ultimatum.

To his credit, though, I'm sure Greg has greater concerns than this.  He thinks big and gets on with things whereas I am needlessly fussy about these kinds of particulars.  Jayne is getting a lot of compliments in this thread, so rather than add to that, I will simply say farewell to you, Jayne: I wish you well but I also want to let you know, I think you were wrong the other day when you said Greg doesn't have good arguments and his ad hominems are a sign of his weakness.  I disagree.  I think you neglected to consider a third option: that a person can be correct and sling ad hominems at the same time.  Such is Greg.  Further, his ad hominems are not gratuitous.  They're rhetorical flourishes.  The Brits have made a casual art form out of the snappy and scorching remark (possibly they got their biggest cultural shot of it from the Irish master, Oscar Wilde) but whatever the history, Greg has a considerable talent for it, whether he's skewering other people, their ideas, or both at the same time.  I don't think you ever appreciated that.  Us North Americans are simply not as quick on our feet when it comes to being funny.  Few are the Canadian obituaries, probably, that include "and he was known for his acid tongue and razor-sharp wit."

Quote from: Greg on September 09, 2018, 08:03:33 AMIs the antichrist really going to be that niche?

:laugh:

Heinrich

Quote from: Jayne on September 10, 2018, 05:15:59 PM
The fact of the matter is is that Jayne will use another account and simply post under another name. Heck, I am almost certain that she signs in under her husband's account or some other type of proxy and reads the St. Joseph's threads.

This is not a fact.  It is something that you imagine.  Also, my husband does not have an account here and I don't read St. Joseph threads.

Isn't your husband NOtard?
I don't imagine, but strongly assume. You have been disingenuous in the past.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jayne

Quote from: Pon de Replay on September 10, 2018, 06:04:54 PM
The only major comment I have is that I hope Greg signs in again while his editing window is still open, so he can fix the error in his OP.  He wanted to have "make her stick to her word" in a large font, but somehow it misfired and now there's a "[/size]" after that line.  The aesthetics are poor and I would hate for his last post to have that sticking out like a sore thumb.  If he wants to format it even nicer, he should use a quote box for Jayne's ultimatum.

That Greg thinks I need to be made to stick to my word is further proof of my assertion that he is clueless when it comes to reading me.  Few things are as important to me as keeping my word.  He is blinded by his dislike of me.  Whatever size font he uses, it will not help him to see any better

Jayne

Quote from: Heinrich on September 10, 2018, 06:13:46 PM
Quote from: Jayne on September 10, 2018, 05:15:59 PM

Isn't your husband NOtard?
I don't imagine, but strongly assume. You have been disingenuous in the past.

NOtard was an account my husband had on FishEaters.  He does not have one here.

You really don't need to worry about me coming back with another account, even if you don't trust my word.  If I came with the posting habits that you find so irritating, I would be caught.  If I changed my posting style so dramatically that nobody could tell it was I, there would, at least, be no more irritating posts.

Anyhow, believe me or not. It does not matter to me. Time will tell.

dellery

This rediculous thread is a good example of why Greg should just be banned.

I've never seem Jayne attack the Church nor attack other posters the way he does.

Sure Greg's strange fan-boys "thank" his posts, but his behavior actually repels a far greater number of people.

Ban him as an act of charity since he probably wastes more time than anybody else on here.

The only reason why it's worth keeping him around is so I can keep using him as a negative communicator -- something he's unknowingly great at.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Heinrich

I was once, and Greg 'll prolly agree, his greatest bete noir. As time has gone on, I became his biggest fanboy. And Jayne never let's an opportunity go to take a swipe at me.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

dellery

Quote from: Heinrich on September 10, 2018, 06:57:09 PM
I was once, and Greg 'll prolly agree, his greatest bete noir. As time has gone on, I became his biggest fanboy. And Jayne never let's an opportunity go to take a swipe at me.

Oh, yeah?
Next time provoke her to do it more and you will have the last laugh.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions

Jayne

And Jayne never let's an opportunity go to take a swipe at me.

From my perspective, you are the one always taking swipes at me, but there doesn't seem much point trying to sort it out now.

Since I'm leaving, let's just make peace.  I apologize for anything I have done to offend you.  Please forgive me.

dellery

Quote from: Jayne on September 10, 2018, 07:21:28 PM
And Jayne never let's an opportunity go to take a swipe at me.

From my perspective, you are the one always taking swipes at me, but there doesn't seem much point trying to sort it out now.

Since I'm leaving, let's just make peace.  I apologize for anything I have done to offend you.  Please forgive me.

You're not going anywhere, according to your and Greg's agreement. You think he can not post here?
He has an addiction.
Everytime I check in Greg is here. No matter what time of the day it is.

Nous Defions

Jayne

Quote from: dellery on September 10, 2018, 07:27:41 PM
You're not going anywhere, according to your and Greg's agreement. You think he can not post here?
He has an addiction.
Everytime I check in Greg is here. No matter what time of the day it is.

I think he is especially motivated this time, but we'll see.

Matto

This is strange. Two posters I like who are enemies agree to fall on their own swords so that the forum will be freed from their enemies' presence. I guess I will not be sending Jayne a bottle of cognac. I don't think rum trusts either of you for obvious reasons if you know rum. I like you both, though I fear I offended Jayne when I sent her a PM a few weeks ago. I did join here because of Jayne; so I could send Jayne a PM about Mithrandylan's adventures last year in May. I like when Greg talks about Joey Lomangino's "spiritual eyes" which is sad because I think he used to believe in Garabandal. I never did believe in that one despite Bishop Williamson's approval. I know when Greg used to have fights with Telesphorus on Cathinfo so many years ago I was generally supportive of Tele, but now I have grown to like greg a lot as well. Time really flies and people change, and I have changed a lot. I have been talking to trads online for eight years and I am embarrassed by so many of my old posts. But it is good to talk with other Catholics so I think it was time well spent and I have learned a lot. I think if Telesphorus signed up here it would be fun. I haven't talked to him since Archbishop Lefebvre Forum shut down, I guess four years ago. Did Jayne really talk about "people who cannot keep up with me mentally"? That is classic. I am one of those people, though until ten years ago I was far more intelligent.

But hopefully, I hope both of you will continue posting as I like you both. I don't know where I could see greg as I don't know of any other website where he posts. I know Jayne still posts at Cathinfo, so if you want to talk to her, join Matthew's forum, though I fear it has gone downhill in the past few years because the good posters who were banned or left were not replaced with enough good new posters. I am fond of the moderator though and his love of good conspiracy theories. He believes in them all except for the flat earth. And he is in "the major leagues of conspiracy theories" because he denies the gas chambers, so his forum is not for everyone. So anyway as I ramble on, I will tell you a secret. Today is my birthday and I am celebrating by drinking Sapporo. The party with my family just ended and now I am relaxing before bedtime. So God bless the both of you, Jayne and Greg. Hopefully you will change your minds and I will not miss either of you. Because if you leave you will not be replaced by two new posters who are as interesting as you are.
I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

christulsa

Jayne started this, so if she wants to leave, that is fine.  But most of the time over the years I see her obsessively opposing him on a personal level, and he is reacting, not instigating the fight in the first place.  If you think rules are broken, report to the moderator.  But at some point you have to shut up and let the conflicts go, if they are not resolved.
Otherwise you go crazy.

As for Greg, he gets misunderstood by the rigorists.  I don't think he is against the Church, but is sick and tired of all the BS from the NO and Trads.  And he's right, just very cynical, and not without sin.