To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

On a serious note, get a rhythm, when you get the blues is one of my favorite lines from the Man in Black. I ought to practice this more. I worry too much.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gardener

Quote from: Bonaventure on April 08, 2014, 11:36:02 PM
On a serious note, get a rhythm, when you get the blues is one of my favorite lines from the Man in Black. I ought to practice this more. I worry too much.

Dude... seriously... get your Rachmaninoff on.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYxklAuKkao[/yt]

Forgo the crappy art. Close your eyes. Listen. Meditate on the following:

Quote[4] Rejoice in the Lord always; again, I say, rejoice. [5] Let your modesty be known to all men. The Lord is nigh.

[6] Be nothing solicitous; but in every thing, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God. [7] And the peace of God, which surpasseth all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. [8] For the rest, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever modest, whatsoever just, whatsoever holy, whatsoever lovely, whatsoever of good fame, if there be any virtue, if any praise of discipline, think on these things. [9] The things which you have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, these do ye, and the God of peace shall be with you. [10] Now I rejoice in the Lord exceedingly, that now at length your thought for me hath flourished again, as you did also think; but you were busied.
Phil 4

For you, brother; for you, brother Phil....
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bonaventure

I truly cannot grasp how people do not enjoy Motown.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bonaventure on April 09, 2014, 11:21:15 PM

I like motown  a lot, just not so much the Jacksons.

erin is nice

Quote from: Bonaventure on April 09, 2014, 11:21:15 PM

I love Motown. It makes no sense considering the other music I like, but I love it anyway.

Probius

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection." - The Buddha

"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - Carl Jung

Gardener

Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on April 10, 2014, 09:36:18 AM
Enjoy.

A ruination of Leonard Cohen's epic "Hallelujah" AND in the context of some haphazard Irish Novus Ordo wedding.

I'd rather see maggots crawling in squirrels! No sir, I will not enjoy!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4u3ieBqnyc[/yt]

(And here's Jeff Buckley doing the version of Hallelujah by which all others must be judged)

[yt]
[/yt]

The song is about love going bad. No clue why one would parody it for a wedding...
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

erin is nice

Quote from: Gardener on April 10, 2014, 12:31:26 PM

(And here's Jeff Buckley doing the version of Hallelujah by which all others must be judged)

[yt]
[/yt]

The song is about love going bad. No clue why one would parody it for a wedding...

This one is good but the Rufus Wainwright version is my favorite. I read somewhere that it's the most covered song of all time.

piabee

Quote from: erin is nice on April 10, 2014, 12:33:38 PM
This one is good but the Rufus Wainwright version is my favorite.

I find his cover bland and unemotional. My favorite is former local band Street to Nowhere's cover, but it's only on vinyl so no good YouTube videos to post.

Angelorum

"All men naturally desire to know, but what does knowledge avail without the fear of God? Indeed an humble peasant, that serves God, is better than a proud philosopher, who neglecting himself, considers the course of the heavens." - Thomas à Kempis, Imitation of Christ

Bonaventure

erin is nice

Quote from: piabee on April 10, 2014, 12:42:50 PM
Quote from: erin is nice on April 10, 2014, 12:33:38 PM
This one is good but the Rufus Wainwright version is my favorite.

I find his cover bland and unemotional. My favorite is former local band Street to Nowhere's cover, but it's only on vinyl so no good YouTube videos to post.

This might be the most hipster post on SD.