Trump says Arizona’s abortion ban goes ‘too far’

Started by LausTibiChriste, April 10, 2024, 12:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Vote harder

Trump says Arizona's abortion ban goes 'too far' and defends the overturning of Roe v. Wade

QuoteATLANTA (AP) — Donald Trump said Wednesday that an Arizona law that criminalizes nearly all abortions goes too far and called on Arizona lawmakers to change it, while also defending the overturning of Roe v. Wade that cleared states to ban the procedure.

"It'll be straightened out and as you know, it's all about states' rights," the former president told supporters and journalists after landing in Atlanta for a fundraiser. "It'll be straightened out, and I'm sure that the governor and everybody else are going to bring it back into reason and that'll be taken care of, I think, very quickly."

QuoteThough Trump has waffled on whether he supports abortion rights, he appointed three of the Supreme Court justices who overturned Roe v. Wade and ended a federally guaranteed right to abortion. Now facing growing political backlash as Democrats notch victories around the nation by campaigning on abortion rights, Trump increasingly has been put on the defensive and urged Republicans to avoid supporting bans that are unpopular with many Americans.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Geremia

Trump, Kari Lake, et al. are all RINOs/demagogues, not principled.

One RINO representative in Arizona said it's legislating from the bench! (The purpose of the legislature is to interpret law and its applicability! It didn't create a new law!)
Another RINO said he's not a woman and can't judge.
U.S. Senate candidate Kari Lake said:
QuoteAs your Senator, I will OPPOSE:
– Federal funding for abortion
– Federal ban(s) on abortion
As your Senator, I will FIGHT FOR: 
– Baby Bonuses
– Making adoption more accessible and affordable
– Strengthening the economy so that Mothers can AFFORD a baby
– Protecting IVF
– Extending the child tax credit
– Paid family leave
– Investing in childcare
What a disgrace!

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Bonaventure

Remember when I got grief for saying the Jan 6ers were saps?
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

awkward customer

Trump needs the votes of the middle ground.

If you want him for President, you'll have to accept that your votes alone won't elect him.

Michael Wilson

According to the latest SSPX newsletter, there are 30,000 people that regularly attend their Mass centers. While that is an impressive number, its barely a proverbial "drop in a bucket" election wise.
If the elections are not rigged, Trump will win; however as the above posts show, the salvation of the U.S. (and any other country) will not be by false doctrines and principles only through a submission to Our Lord Jesus Christ and the Catholic faith.
A Trump victory will only delay the Marxist takeover of the U.S. Not prevent it.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers