Pill Poppers - Documentary

Started by Habitual_Ritual, July 27, 2013, 06:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisIX

Quote from: Heinrich on July 29, 2013, 06:11:59 AM
We have a doctor and good writer registered on the SD. I forget his name. I would like to hear what he has to say. I, for one, will refuse pharmaceuticals until death at all costs. Unless it is for pain treatment.

All pharmaceuticals?
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Bonaventure

What if you have a heart condition? You will allow your conspiracy theories to shorten your life, to the detriment of your family? That is quite foolish.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: Bonaventure on July 29, 2013, 12:55:57 PM
What if you have a heart condition? You will allow your conspiracy theories to shorten your life, to the detriment of your family? That is quite foolish.

Only if you buy the Medical Industrial Complex coolaid theory that heart meds actually address the underlying problems...which of course they don't. People on meds keel over dead all the time.In fact medical prescriptions are one of the biggest US killers currently:

"...Would you be surprised to learn that the leading cause of death in the US appears to be the medical system itself. This is the startling conclusion reached in a report published by medical researchers: Gary Null, PhD; Carolyn Dean MD, ND; Martin Feldman, MD; Debora Rasio, MD; and Dorothy Smith, PhD.

Deaths resulting from inadvertent, adverse effects or complications from medical treatment or diagnostic proceedures are known as Iatrogenisis, meaning: Brought forth by a healer (from the Greek iatros, healer).Their report places the number of annnual iatrgenic (brought forth by a healer) deaths in the US at 783,936. ..."

http://www.newswithviews.com/Pell/rob100.htm

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

LouisIX

What about antibiotics for pneumonia?  Without them you're likely to die.  With them, it's usually not much of a problem for anyone who isn't elderly or a baby.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: LouisIX on July 29, 2013, 01:04:37 PM
What about antibiotics for pneumonia?  Without them you're likely to die.  With them, it's usually not much of a problem for anyone who isn't elderly or a baby.

I am down with antibiotic use in the case of serious infection/illness but only when necessary. I have antibiotics as part of my home medical kit for the zombie apocalypse .I even take regular aspirin for inflammation (internal) as per the advice of Dr Ray Peat.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

Heinrich

Interesting. Are antibiotics the only option one has for pneumonia?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LouisIX

Quote from: Heinrich on July 29, 2013, 04:43:49 PM

Interesting. Are antibiotics the only option one has for pneumonia?

Seems so, yes.  There are certain things one can ingest to boost their immune system, but if a bacteria has reached one's lungs it's usually a good sign that it's winning the war with your body.  It wasn't stopped in the sinuses, the throat, the wind pipe, etc.

Of course there is viral pneumonia, but bacterial pneumonia was often fatal for healthy people before antibiotics, as were many, many sorts of infections.

LouisIX

I also wonder about things like tetanus vaccine.  Not only has it been in use for a long time, but it can even be used as needed.  You're supposed to get boosters every decade, but even if one doesn't, it only requires one booster within a day or two after infection to save your life.  If you don't get that vaccine then there's a very good chance you're going to die.  After the window to receive the vaccine, if you don't have a modern hospital stocked with modern medicine to fight the infection then you probably only have at best about a 30% chance of survival.

I had a great uncle who died of tetanus as a boy.  Had the vaccine existed at his time he'd have lived a full life.

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: LouisIX on July 30, 2013, 01:56:44 AM
I also wonder about things like tetanus vaccine.  Not only has it been in use for a long time, but it can even be used as needed.  You're supposed to get boosters every decade, but even if one doesn't, it only requires one booster within a day or two after infection to save your life.  If you don't get that vaccine then there's a very good chance you're going to die.  After the window to receive the vaccine, if you don't have a modern hospital stocked with modern medicine to fight the infection then you probably only have at best about a 30% chance of survival.

I had a great uncle who died of tetanus as a boy.  Had the vaccine existed at his time he'd have lived a full life.

I would not take tetanus myself. It's worth being informed of the risk,thats for sure:

Tetanus vaccine adverse reactions

A small selection plus link:

"Adverse reactions to tetanus toxoid

Akama K, Yamamoto A.  [Side effects of tetanus toxoid. II. Antigenic materials derived from the constituents of the medium for toxoid preparation] Nippon Saikingaku Zasshi. 1969 Nov;24(11):595-601. Japanese. No abstract available. PMID: 5391905
Baust W, Meyer D, Wachsmuth W. Peripheral neuropathy after administration of tetanus toxoid.J Neurol. 1979;222(2):131-33. PMID: 93631 Bensasson M, et al. [See Related Articles] [A case of algodystrophic syndrome of the upper limb following tetanus vaccination]. Sem Hop. 1977 Oct 23;53(36):1965-6. French. No abstract available.PMID: 208165; UI: 78204280.

Blumstein GI, Kreithen H.Peripheral neuropathy following tetanus toxoid administration.JAMA. 1966 Nov 28;198(9):1030-1. No abstract available. PMID: 4288653 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Bolukbasi O, et al.    Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis associated with tetanus vaccination. Eur Neurol. 1999;41(4):231-2. No abstract available.PMID: 10343155; UI: 99276501.   
Bilyk MA, et al. [See Related Articles] [Anaphylactic reaction following subcutaneous administration of tetanus anatoxin]. Klin Med (Mosk). 1978 Sep;56(9):137-8. Russian. No abstract available.PMID: 703231; UI: 79030708.

Chanukoglu A, Fried D, Gotlieb A. [Anaphylactic shock due to tetanus toxoid] Harefuah. 1975 Nov 16;89(10):456-7. Hebrew. No abstract available. PMID: 1205376 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]"

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/tetanus.html

LouisIX

So if you cut yourself on something dirty you're going to just take your chances, even knowing you'll probably die if you did contract tetanus?

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: LouisIX on July 30, 2013, 11:40:16 AM
So if you cut yourself on something dirty you're going to just take your chances, even knowing you'll probably die if you did contract tetanus?

Firstly, I live in the country and am forever cutting myself with tools, knives, arrow-heads, broken branches etc and so on. I am always carrying a cut or wound of some kind.Tetanus infection is rare.A healthy body can fight of the bacterium and hydrogen peroxide poured into a deep wound is very effective against it.If the vaccines provided immunity you would not need boosters.Tetanus vaccines usually also come bundled with the diphtheria shot further enhancing the chances of an adverse reaction. I would be more worried about such reactions than a bacterial infection.If you are diagnosed with tetanus you can get the shot later anyway so a pre-emptive strike makes no sense.It's really more of a treatment than a vaccine.Studies on tetanus vaccine indicate  a low level of efficacy also and the illness is not a scary as the medical establishment likes to make out.It's fear base "medicine"

read this:

http://www.whale.to/v/why_you.html

LouisIX

Low level of efficacy?  Tetanus was a common killer before the vaccine and since its invention it has nearly eradicated tetanus deaths in the developed world.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Greg on July 29, 2013, 04:36:54 AM
Quote from: OCLittleFlower on July 28, 2013, 11:28:43 PM
Quote from: Greg on July 28, 2013, 11:22:50 PM
Unless you are permanently ill, who takes a pill a day?

A lot of people are permanently, especially in the last years of their lives.  Some people it's just one, like for a thyroid condition or something. But then you have people like my grandma, who survived cancer.  I have no idea how many pills she has now between cancer, heart issues, messed up immune system from cancer treatment, etc.  But hey, she's alive.   :)

A lot?  What, more than 20 percent are permanently ill at the mid point in their lives?  40 years old?

Most people are healthy, for most of their lives, and don't need to take pills for most of their lives.

20 percent seems a bit low to me in terms of people who are taking one rx drug per day at 40.  I never said the conditions they have are major -- for many people it's something like seasonal allergy medicine or an asthma inhaler, though the last one isn't a pill.  Someone who has to take allergy meds would probably consider himself in good health, but he's still popping a pill everyday.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Greg on July 29, 2013, 04:43:43 AM
The opening line in the video is utter media bullshit.

"Over the course of your life you are LIKELY to be PRESCRIBED over 14,000 pills."

This is clearly wrong.  Over a 70 year life that is 200 pills per year.  Not including vitamins, dietary supplements or aspirin because these are not prescribed.  There is no way that is "likely".  I.e a greater than 50% chance.

Or 400 per year starting at 35. 

Now, likely is a misleading word, I'll agree, because one person with several prescriptions cancels out several people with none.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Heinrich on July 29, 2013, 06:11:59 AM
We have a doctor and good writer registered on the SD. I forget his name. I would like to hear what he has to say. I, for one, will refuse pharmaceuticals until death at all costs. Unless it is for pain treatment.

You do know that the rx pain meds are some of the worst things for you.  They are addictive and often very harmful.  I'm not telling anyone else what to do, but those are the last pills I would ever willingly take, at all costs, until death.