Author Topic: Traditional Catholic Forum?  (Read 374 times)

Offline TerrorDæmonum

• Declina A Malo & Fac Bonum
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Breves Dies Hominis Sunt
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Traditional Catholic Forum?
« on: August 08, 2022, 09:26:54 PM »
The forum description and published rules are contrary to the actual activity here and it would be good to change them so new users are not misled and scandalized by the non-Catholic ideologies and most popular discussions here. The most popular Catholic topics seem to be specifically curated to be as discouraging as possible. This forum is a scandal in many ways.

If the forum cannot be run properly, it should be put into Maintenance Mode until it can be or closed entirely.

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
Re: Traditional Catholic Forum?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 02:32:42 AM »
The most popular Catholic topics seem to be specifically curated to be as discouraging as possible.

I have no idea what you mean by that.  Could you give an example of how or who is curating topics, and in what way they are "as discouraging as possible"?  Are you referring to negative news stories?

It is simply a fact that traditional Catholics suffer persecution at the hands of both the modern church and the modern world.  We are a tiny, counter-culture minority.  I don't think most people post the facts of persecution (D.C., Savannah, Chicago, for example) "in order to be discouraging" but in order to seek support from their fellow Catholics and encourage all of us to pray for less persecution.

It is not possible to live an insulated life as a traditional Catholic in 2022 -- not even for Religious and clergy. One has to live a two-directional life:  the hopeful one of prayer and observance and the vigilant one that responds to setbacks and opportunities.  It's not one or the other, and thus a forum that appeals to traditional Catholics in a range of situations will also not be only one or the other.

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 02:35:25 AM »
Also, where is your evidence that it is this forum that causes people to "doubt the faith," etc.?  There have been doubters on the forum, but they have admitted coming to the forum already in a state of doubt. Such users are typically given resources and advice by other members, and ultimately come to the correct conclusion that what they really need to resolve their crisis of faith is to meet with a reliable priest.

Offline clau clau

• My other bike is a Pinarello
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Traditionalist videogamer - I only play 8-bit video games
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 03:06:28 AM »
In summary: Troll complaining about not being fed.

Keep it up ladies and gents.

(refers to original poster, not Miriam, or Miriam B for that matter :-)  )
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

The following users thanked this post: Greg, red solo cup, Lynne

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 10:54:44 AM »
I knew it, clau clau, but thank you.
 ;D