Fluoridation: Unresolved!

Started by TerrorDæmonum, January 29, 2022, 01:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

Post-conciliar conspiracy theories seem to get the most attention here, but as trads, shouldn't we prefer the Pre-Vatican II conspiracies? We don't want to be modernists enamoured by novelty. The tried and true water fluoridation issue from Pre-Vatican II is still unresolved.

The governments of the USA and Canada have information on the matter, for those who trust the government.

This post is made to honestly discuss the issue, wherever it goes, and also to make a point about these types of discussions: Nothing under the sun is new, neither is any man able to say: Behold this is new: for it hath already gone before in the ages that were before us. (Ecclesiastes 1:10).

"Polio monkey serums" is the polio vaccine, by the way. Making up new alarming and objectionable terms to make an emotional appeal is also nothing new. This post is about community water fluoridation and the note about the polio vaccine is not saying anything about any other vaccine, only that the rhetoric used is noteworthy.

TerrorDæmonum

Only four votes? This is an unresolved issue! Do the concerns of the decades past just go away? If so, why wouldn't the concerns of today do the same?

Imagine looking back on current events as you look back on this. Is there anything to be learned?

Prayerful

Some people don't like to be unwillingly medicated. The most of the options are tendentious.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Prayerful on January 31, 2022, 01:37:12 PM
Some people don't like to be unwillingly medicated. The most of the options are tendentious.

Certainly the more bizarre options are there, but that is because they represent actual views. There are plenty of other views. There are not as diverse views on those who don't have extreme views. Safe, mostly safe, and don't know are all there are besides the diversity of opponents which range from "not worth the cost" to "a communist plot to weaken the nation" and everything in between.

Lynne

Exactly. I would have voted for the following, Unsafe government action that was thought to have some benefits, but is not warranted and quite possibly harmful.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

OCLittleFlower

It's easier and cheaper to add it to one's own water if you want than it is to remove it if you don't want it. I say leave well enough alone and let the users choose.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

queen.saints

I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

dueSicilie

City water is gross, regardless of whether they add floride. Seriously.

Secondly, hormones.

I try to only drink my well water from home, or some other spring or non municipal water.

Prayerful

At least Dublin's water isn't as bad as some, there's no 'boil water' notices, and the reservoir near Bohernabreena has some monumental details that Victorians provided to their mundane but essential services. Fluoridated though, so I prefer not to use it.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: queen.saints on February 01, 2022, 04:38:10 PM
https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=22539.msg480600#msg480600

Measuring the "IQ" of 3 or 4 year old children of 512 women doesn't seem very conclusive about anything.

Also, fluoride in toothpaste might be far more significant than water.

When there is too much fluoride in water, very bad things happen (it happens in India on a pretty large scale), not some subtle "IQ" reduction in 3-4 year old Canadians.

queen.saints

Quote from: Lynne on January 31, 2022, 02:19:56 PM

Exactly. I would have voted for the following, Unsafe government action that was thought to have some benefits, but is not warranted and quite possibly harmful.

Yes, this is the opinion even most liberals have now adopted. It's a bipartisan position, kind of like thinking canola oil is bad for you. Pretty much the only people who still hold that fluoridation is a perfectly safe and effective public health measure are the ones who were responsible for implementing it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/04/why-fluoride-water/606784/

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/magazine/magazine_article/fluoridated-drinking-water/
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.