Figure out the answer, and give your your own riddle. Make people think.

Started by TerrorDæmonum, January 05, 2013, 11:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

EDIT: To clarify, a person posts something which has an "answer". Figure out the answer, and then make your own post. In this first instance, figuring out the answer by quoting or viewing the source of my post is trivial. Figure it out without doing that if you can. To cheat, just "quote" and view the source in this case, but if you do that, you better post something good after.

[qrcode]Congratulations! You have figured out this riddle. Post the number "42" and your own riddle, question, or game to make people think and or figure something out, no matter how trivial or complex.[/qrcode]

Pheo

42 - I knew I put a QR reader on my phone for a reason.

----------

What's the next number in this series?

6, 14, 36, 98, 276, ?
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Penelope

You know what I was always terrible with in school? Figuring out what came next in the sequence. Numbers, shapes, patterns--it didn't matter. I seldom was able to figure out how to even approach the questions, let alone what the answers might be. Every time I took the Terra Novas (were these sequence questions also on the SAT?), I just arbitrarily picked one of the answer options and bubbled in that letter.

My math scores were always considerably lower than my reading, etc. scores.

Eliza

Quote from: Pheo on January 06, 2013, 12:14:16 PM
42 - I knew I put a QR reader on my phone for a reason.

----------

What's the next number in this series?

6, 14, 36, 98, 276, ?

And yes, I cheated. I'll have you know, though, that I marked up a sheet of paper for about an hour trying to solve it. Never will I try to solve a stupid math riddle again. Ever!

Here's an easy one:

The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?

totiusque

Footsteps

(I kinda cheated.  I thought the answer was breaths, so I checked on Google and was wrong.)   :-[

What row of numbers comes next in this series?

"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Penelope

Quote from: totiusque on January 09, 2013, 09:15:49 PM
What row of numbers comes next in this series?

Once someone figures this out, can you explain how to figure out the answer?

totiusque

Most definitely.   ;D

One little clue - don't get bogged down with math on this one...
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

totiusque

One more clue, since no one's taken any stabs at it:  read the numbers as individual words.  (Hopefully that doesn't make it too easy.)
—St John of the Cross

Penelope

totiusque

Okay, this one was a bit tough. 

**  Spoiler Alert for those who want to figure it out by themselves.  **

Each line describes the line above it.  For example, the first line is simply one, but the second line describes the first line as one one.  The third line describes the second line as two one(s), etc., etc.  So if you look at the last line, there is one one, one three, two one(s), three two(s), one one, which gives us the answer 1113213211.
—St John of the Cross

totiusque

Here's an easier one:

The first is needed to make quotes you see,
And it often sticks up when it's time for noon tea.

The second's biggest distinction is found
Bearing the symbol of love that is bound.

The third should be biggest but that can depend,
Never standing alone or it may offend.

The fourth is oft used when making a selection
Or if you should need a gun for protection.

The fifth is the fattest and oddest by far,
And can sometimes be found in a wrestling war.

What are they?
—St John of the Cross

Ben

Disappointed you gave the answer. I was still working on it.  :P

totiusque

Sorry 'bout that.  I did leave the Spoiler Warning, though.   ;D

Can't believe no one has guessed the last one I posted.  I actually thought that one was pretty easy.
—St John of the Cross

Emc

totiusque

Quote from: Emc on January 10, 2013, 06:49:46 PM
Fingers

What goes around the world but stays in a corner?

A postage stamp.

What is the difference between a cat and a complex sentence?
—St John of the Cross