Irenaeus G. Saintonge:        97wpm, 2 errors
Kaesekopf:                           92wpm, all correct
totiusque:                             88wpm, 1 error
Archer:                                 83wpm, 1 error
Pæniteo:                              83wpm, [no info]
Ben:                                     61wpm, 2 errors
Bonaventure:                       52wpm, 6 errors
Gottmitunsalex:                   43wpm, 1 error

It will be interesting to see how fast Pæniteo is when he's healthy.

Gottmitunsalex

Without taking the tests again, please add in that score list the number of errors we had.
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Eliza

Took it again, and got this:

Your score: 493 CPM (that is 99 WPM)

Your score beats or equals 98.18% of all!

In reality, you typed 555 CPM, but you made 10 mistakes (out of 103 words), which were not counted in the corrected CPM score.

Your mistakes were:

•Instead of "cover", you typed "vover".
•Instead of "first", you typed "cirs".
•Instead of "complete", you typed "compete".
•Instead of "usual", you typed "ususal".
•Instead of "again", you typed "gagin".
•Instead of "blue", you typed "blu".
•Instead of "left", you typed "lfeft".
•Instead of "picture", you typed "poicture".
•Instead of "laugh", you typed "laught".
•Instead of "cross", you typed "cors".
I advise you to take a 2 minute break now.

I made A LOT of mistakes.

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Ben

Eliza's the one to beat!  :thumbsup:

I changed the scoreboard.

totiusque

Don't think I can beat Eliza, but my hands felt like they were flying when I did this.  My worst fault is that when I make a mistake, I always backspace through it and edit rather than just accept the mistake and move on.  That probably shaved 10 WPM off my score.

"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Ben

That puts you in 4th!  ;)

Maybe try it again tomorrow, and don't worry so much about correcting errors. So you get a higher score.

totiusque

Quote from: Ben on February 10, 2013, 10:23:01 PM
That puts you in 4th!  ;)

Maybe try it again tomorrow, and don't worry so much about correcting errors. So you get a higher score.

If only it were that easy.  I tried it again a few more times and told myself not to backspace, but I couldn't do it.  I'm programmed to auto-correct myself, and I can't stop!!!!
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

stitchmom

Your score: 393 CPM (that is 79 WPM)

Your score beats or equals 92.72% of all!

Congratulations! You typed all 73 words correctly!

I advise you to take a 2 minute break now

I had trouble with the way the lines moved up and the cursor.

Most jobs requiring typing require about 50 CWPM.  You need a reasonable level of speed for work no hunt and peck - but accuracy is very important too for work.

The current keyboard set up was designed to slow typist down because of the old type writers.

stitchmom

Mavis Beacon is a good typing program. :)

Ben

Eliza:                                    99wpm, 10 errors
Irenaeus G. Saintonge:        97wpm, 2 errors
Kaesekopf:                           92wpm, all correct
totiusque:                             88wpm, 1 error
Archer:                                 83wpm, 1 error
Pæniteo:                              83wpm, [no info]
stitchmom:                           79wpm, all correct
Ben:                                     61wpm, 2 errors
Bonaventure:                       52wpm, 6 errors
Gottmitunsalex:                   43wpm, 1 error
voxxpopulisuxx:                   30wpm, [no info]

Ben

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Ben

stitchmom