Self-Defense for the Citizen

Started by dellery, September 17, 2020, 09:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellery

This thread is going to be a resource for individual's to empower themselves with.

First we'll start with a short introductory reading list:

Novice:

The IET Handbook (https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/iethandbook.pdf)

The Ranger Handbook

Total Resistance

Strategic Rifleman

Intermediate:

Small Unit Tactics Handbook

The Last Hundred Yards (Not everybody likes to sell this book to civilians but the Marines don't mind. https://www.marineshop.net/the-last-hundred-yards-pb-0963869523)

Advanced:

Revolutionary Armed Struggle (Enemy's grand tactic)

Insurgencies and Countering Insurgencies

Tactics in Counterinsurgency

SF Unconventional Warfare Operations

---

More will follow and go further than just reading recommendations, but this is the best place to start, imo.

---

If you have questions about what you can individually do to keep yourself safe, and, or, defend your communities and neighbors, this is the thread for them too.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Croix de Fer

Quote from: dellery on September 17, 2020, 09:33:08 AM
This thread is going to be a resource for individual's to empower themselves with.
[...]

Have you even served in the military? I have. A combat position.

$100 says you've never even been in a fist fight.
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight, and my fingers to war. ~ Psalms 143:1 (Douay-Rheims)

dellery

Leaked footage of one of Croix's PTSD therapy sessions.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions

Croix de Fer

Quote from: dellery on September 17, 2020, 01:55:49 PM
Leaked footage of one of Croix's PTSD therapy sessions.

You didn't answer the question despite responding to me with an ad hominem fallacy. That means you've never served in the military but you post a bunch of military combat manuals like the typical arm chair internet warrior. You've obviously never outgrown GI Joe. You're what we call "chickenhawks".

Btw, I've never been in a war's physical conflict but my service did lend to providing support to it. So no, I don't have PTSD.
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight, and my fingers to war. ~ Psalms 143:1 (Douay-Rheims)

The Theosist

Quote from: Croix de Fer on September 17, 2020, 01:27:19 PM
Quote from: dellery on September 17, 2020, 09:33:08 AM
[...]

Have you even served in the military? I have. A combat position.

$100 says you've never even been in a fist fight.

$100 says most military personnel haven't either.

dellery

Nous Defions

Croix de Fer

Quote from: dellery on September 17, 2020, 02:11:03 PM
[...]

Too ashamed to admit that you've never served in the military but you LARP on SD as a "tough guy" with knowledge of military readiness and training? LOL

Heinrich

Quote from: Croix de Fer on September 17, 2020, 02:12:46 PM
Quote from: dellery on September 17, 2020, 02:11:03 PM
[...]

Too ashamed to admit that you've never served in the military but you LARP on SD as a "tough guy" with knowledge of military readiness and training? LOL

I have tried to flesh this out of him, too and he continues to carry on and pretend he is this guy(legit CAG, i.e. Delta):

[yt][/yt]
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

dellery

You should attend one of his classes, if you can find an opening.

The fact you now know who Pat Mac is tells me my posts are effective. Think of all the crazy things you've learned reading my posts. It's almost as if you're learning something subconsciously by conversational immersion. Mockery is easily to tolerate when you know the future will affirm you, Heinrich.

Nous Defions

Heinrich

Quote from: dellery on September 17, 2020, 04:51:22 PM
You should attend one of his classes, if you can find an opening.

The fact you now know who Pat Mac is tells me my posts are effective. Think of all the crazy things you've learned reading my posts. It's almost as if you're learning something subconsciously by conversational immersion. Mockery is easily to tolerate when you know the future will affirm you, Heinrich.

Dellery, I learn absolutely nothing from your posts. I lived in Colorado Springs, CO for nearly 15 years. Next to the DC, prolly more military there than anywhere. I count as good friends and acquaintances a few combat veterans and some Tier 1 operators. I have taken hunter education, combat pistol, and basic pistol marksmanship. I have scambled through the Rocky Mountains with said Tier 1 friends and have done fire arm CQ tactic training with them. I trained in the absolute best self defense system in existence, which included knife tactics, weapon deployment, and empty hand demolition of assailants. I taught seminars to military on hand to hand combat, I am almost 51 and can/am able to squat, deadlift and benchpress in the top 1% of my age group. I ruck two miles a day with my German Shepherd. Affirm this, dork. 
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

dellery

Too bad Croix is not around anymore to compete with Heinrich to see who the biggest badass around here is.  :rolleyes:

Anyhow, the next update is on what guns you should consider buying and why, but I ran out of time tonight, so just gonna bump this thing with a John Lovell video.

Nous Defions

Heinrich

Quote from: dellery on September 22, 2020, 09:05:20 PM
Too bad Croix is not around anymore to compete with Heinrich to see who the biggest badass around here is.  :rolleyes:

Anyhow, the next update is on what guns you should consider buying and why, but I ran out of time tonight, so just gonna bump this thing with a John Lovell video.

I came not to exalt myself, but to show you that it is really not that hard to give a brief overview of a skills set you seem to want to be the boss of and yet refuse to detail in any way. Slapping videos and imploring the reader to activate code red is "guy-in-the-basement" type posting. If Croix indeed has military experience maybe you can defer some to that and engage him in legitimate consultation for our benefit. But it appears your greatest strength is being a paper tiger.

dellery

I should've posted this in the beginning, but these are the things this thread will cover at first then we'll see how it develops.
This is not in a certain order and I'll just post whatever topic I feel like typing about at the moment.

o Reading list

o Firearm and ammo selection

o EDC/Low-profile equipment

o Fighting loadout

o Low-profile tactics (How to detect and lose a follower/How to conduct surveillance etc.)

o Psychological techniques of control and deception (know your enemy)

o probably some stuff I'm forgetting but will edit into this post

o How to put a lot of these skills together to freelance for a lot of money on the side as a civilian, a lot of money. You have to live in or near a pretty big city, or have access to the illegal drug trade though.

Don't have the time to get into Firearm and Ammo Selection but that will be the next update.

In the meantime, study this video.

[Warning: Professional wrestling weirdness and some instances of foul-language]

Nous Defions

Heinrich

dellery

So hopefully people studied that video. It's very important when sizing up an event in today's political theatre to be able to tell who's being a heel.

Weapon selection.

First know this. Pistols are difficult to shoot. Rifle shooting is easy and generally first time shooters hit A-zone steel at 100 yards with my carbine +%90.
Long guns are held with three points of contact and handgun has one point of contact.

Prioritize handgun practice because it's the most likely firearm to be used and it is the most difficult to master.

Your handgun should be chambered in 9mm unless you're rich. The reason to go 9mm is because most people's live-fire practice time is limited by the amount of ammo they can afford to shoot. If you have so much money your only limitation is time then buy a 10mm or 45. or something. Generally speaking, the guy with the 9mm can practice live-fire twice as much as the guy with the 45., and a bullet's ballistic performance doesn't mean a thing if you miss. Training and practice trumps bullet performance.
You'll want to practice with the same ammo you plan on using in a fight so I use, and recommend, 124 gr. 9mm Nato. Undoubtedly, right now there is some dude who spent tons of money on high-tech hollowpoints shaking his head in disgust, but again, training and practice trumps bullet performance. Shoot the same ammo enough and you learn its characteristics knowing exactly where its going to hit at any given range.

Definitely get a CCW license if your State requires it and carry your gun. Personally, I carry a Glock 19 with the weapon light removed to reduce weight. It's very uncomfortable, but I don't divide my devotion between two guns or more of the same category, and stick to a single gun for the sake of focusing on and mastering it. So my fighting pistol is also my CCW pistol. YMMV.
Be a pillar and shield to all around you by practicing your skills regularly and carry a gun, tourniquet, and pressure dressing, everywhere you go.

As for rifles/carbines a lot of the above applies. Find a gun chambered in 5.56. Yes, there is 6.5mm and .300 etc. etc. etc., but all those exotic rounds are expensive. Shoot 5.56 55gr. Nato. Yes, there is 77gr. Match King etc. etc. etc., but those weights are expensive too. Stick with combat ammo you can shoot a lot of. Also, having a barrier blind bullet in a built up urban area is not a good idea for civilians. People are killed and shot in their homes all of the time by arrant pistol rounds. You start slinging barrier blind rifle rounds (M855 & M855a1) all over the place and the chances of killing an innocent person have certainly increased.

If you live in the country go with a 14.5" or 16" barrel. If you live in the city go with a 11.5" barrel and classify your carbine as a "pistol", or go with a 13.7" barrel with a permanently pinned Surefire Warcomp or something.
You want the shorter barrel in urban areas for the reduced muzzle velocity and ease of movement.
Make sure your carbine has iron sights and a sling, after that put a light on it. If you have the money put a fancy optic on it.

I'm probably forgetting something but gonna hit that "post" button anyway.

Nous Defions