Latest foray into SAT Proctoring

Started by Bonaventure, August 26, 2023, 01:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

For about 10 years now I have been proctoring, maybe 5-10 times a year, SATs and other standardized tests.

It is always a pain to wake up early on a Saturday, even more so now with a child, but I enjoy the $150-$200 I make sitting down, reading, going for occasional walks between the desks, and reading off instructions.

Today was extended time (1.5). Worked in SPED for a bit, as did my wife, and seeing this enabled me to see that most of it, including learning disorders, are a con. Parents throw their children at a shrink until one signs off. They then pay for the additional accommodations, which are hardly if ever used. (For example, these kids were all quite easily finished way before the extra 50% time they received. They wanted to go ahead to the next section and leave early. Nope). This is to the detriment of children who actually have learning disorders and need help.

I have often done such proctoring at the Novus Ordo high school I attended.

It is striking to see that in less than 20 years, the remnants of Catholicity have been stripped away.

I am sitting in a bare, gray classroom. The crucifix is taken down, laying flat on a desk in the back, hidden in the corner.

After this I will go to the nice, pre-conciliar chapel, where He is reserved.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Baylee

Quote from: Bonaventure on August 26, 2023, 01:31:48 PMFor about 10 years now I have been proctoring, maybe 5-10 times a year, SATs and other standardized tests.

It is always a pain to wake up early on a Saturday, even more so now with a child, but I enjoy the $150-$200 I make sitting down, reading, going for occasional walks between the desks, and reading off instructions.

Today was extended time (1.5). Worked in SPED for a bit, as did my wife, and seeing this enabled me to see that most of it, including learning disorders, are a con. Parents throw their children at a shrink until one signs off. They then pay for the additional accommodations, which are hardly if ever used. (For example, these kids were all quite easily finished way before the extra 50% time they received. They wanted to go ahead to the next section and leave early. Nope). This is to the detriment of children who actually have learning disorders and need help.

I have often done such proctoring at the Novus Ordo high school I attended.

It is striking to see that in less than 20 years, the remnants of Catholicity have been stripped away.

I am sitting in a bare, gray classroom. The crucifix is taken down, laying flat on a desk in the back, hidden in the corner.

After this I will go to the nice, pre-conciliar chapel, where He is reserved.

Years ago, a "Catholic" hospital removed its crucifixes from their rooms.  You know, because they were too offensive to the religious Jews who went there. 

One of the first signs that something was rotten in Denmark (Novus Ordo land).

Bonaventure

New Church ought to be destroyed. 

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Bonaventure on August 26, 2023, 01:56:23 PMNew Church ought to be destroyed. 

Long story but I ended up breaking ties with my NO buddies.

I'm sure they mean well, but NO is a cancer and I won't be a part of it.

I love them, but their whole theology/outlook needs to be mercilessly destroyed.

Edit: I know this makes me sound like a pompous jackass, but as I said, long story. I didn't just stop talking to them because they go to the NO lol

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Heinrich

Maybe they stopped talking to you because you say some really stupid things.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on August 27, 2023, 11:44:02 AMMaybe they stopped talking to you because you say some really stupid things.

Me? I'm a poet mate

- MaximGun