Share your Favorite Paintings

Started by Livenotonevil, July 19, 2018, 03:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lamb

"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

John Lamb

Christ the Saviour (José de Ribera)

"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

Livenotonevil

Quote from: John Lamb on August 28, 2018, 02:56:40 PM
The Presentation of The Blessed Virgin Mary in The Temple

It's a shame that this Tradition is kind of forgotten about in the Roman Catholic Church. In the Eastern Orthodox Churches (and therefore the Byzantine Catholic Churches), this Feastday of the Theotokos is celebrated (at least in my Church) with a procession, with the young girls of the Parish carrying lamps in hand, walking up (or down) stairs. It's not strictly liturgical, but in the same way that Easter Eggs are made for Pascha.
May God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to be a Temple of the Holy Spirit.

John Lamb

The Conversion of Saint Paul (Michelangelo)

John Lamb

The Head of the Virgin (Leonardo da Vinci)