Mary's Garden Signup (Woman Only Subforum)

Started by Kaesekopf, July 10, 2014, 05:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traditionallyruralmom

I rarely check this page, so I never saw this post.  Please sign me up.  I encapsulated my placenta after my last birth, so I think I can join the club.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

verenaerin

Quote from: Traditionallyruralmom on April 17, 2015, 11:04:17 PM
I rarely check this page, so I never saw this post.  Please sign me up.  I encapsulated my placenta after my last birth, so I think I can join the club.

Oh. My. Gosh.

You MUST start a thread on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATTENTION PENELOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Placentaphile has a long history here among SD- especially the owner of this site. We have had whole threads on placenta prints. We have also discussed placenta smoothies, it's place in art, etc.  ;D

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: verenaerin on April 18, 2015, 12:52:10 PM

Oh. My. Gosh.

You MUST start a thread on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATTENTION PENELOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Placentaphile has a long history here among SD- especially the owner of this site. We have had whole threads on placenta prints. We have also discussed placenta smoothies, it's place in art, etc.  ;D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Penelope

Yes, please do start a placenta thread. I think I've decided to encapsulate my placenta next time. I barely even got to look at my placenta the first time around. My midwife started pointing out all the cool features, like the tree of life, but I had to wait for my husband or my mother or whoever it was to hand me my glasses, and by that time, they were ready to package it away and send it to the body-recovery police dog training facility.

I love placentas. I think that it is amazing that a woman's body grows an entirely new organ in order to nourish her baby, then sheds that organ after the baby is born, and then there are potential health benefits for mother and baby is mother consumes that organ. The human body is amazing. God's creation is so good!

Kaesekopf

Keep that talk back in the mary garden. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Penelope

Limoncello

I can't see how consuming a placenta for nutrients is any different from drinking menstrual blood in order to restore the iron you lost.

piabee

I planned to go with a standard Bear Grylls meme but this one was better.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: TradGranny on April 17, 2015, 05:12:13 PM
I'm new, just joined today. Silly me -- the word "gardener" caught my eye and at first I thought it was a subforum for gardeners. At any rate, I do qualify for a woman only forum. Looking forward to meeting you all.

done

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Kaesekopf

done.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Limoncello on April 19, 2015, 10:00:11 AM
I can't see how consuming a placenta for nutrients is any different from drinking menstrual blood in order to restore the iron you lost.

Because pseudo-science says it might possibly have some sort of effect. 

MundaCorMeum

Yeah, I'm with you on this one.  It's beyond my level of 'crunchiness'

Kaesekopf

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on April 20, 2015, 10:54:18 AM

Please don't tell me people actually do that.

verenaerin

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 20, 2015, 11:49:46 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on April 20, 2015, 10:54:18 AM

Please don't tell me people actually do that.

They absolutely do.

Kaesekopf