"More than just rumors - news from the swamp"

Started by Kaesekopf, February 06, 2023, 09:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

From the website Summorum Pontificum (a blog in German), comes this (Google translated) blog post/rumor update regarding the aims of the Vatican regarding the TLM and associated rituals:

QuoteMore than just rumors - news from the swamp

Our Roman source has spoken out with new information and clarifications about the awaited Apostolic Constitution to push traditional teaching and its rite out of the life of the Church.

According to this, the focus of the document is the express prohibition of administering the sacraments and sacramentals in the traditional form, as regulated in the traditional Roman ritual or the pontificale . Baptism, marriage, confirmation - only in the new rite and in Latin only insofar as they are performed in Latin within a celebration of the NO. Our source could not say to what extent a special permit is required for the latter, as is already the case in some US dioceses.

This ban also expressly applies to the ordination of deacons and priests – in the future, even in communities that are faithful to tradition, they may only take place according to the reform liturgy. The administration of the sacramentals traditionally referred to as "lesser orders" - for which there is no new rite - is prohibited.

The "freedom" of the priests of the traditional communities, St. Celebrating Mass after the recorded missal without special permission is restricted to use within the "canonically established" houses of these communities.

This current information, which apparently goes beyond the status of mere rumours, also names Holy Week as the publication date of the document - i.e. probably the anniversary of Paul VI 's Constitutional Missale Romanum . on the 3rd of April.

Here it goesThe intentions of the new and undoubtedly "unconstitutional" legislation of the Bergoglio Pope, which is specified here, are becoming increasingly clear: the traditional liturgy (and teaching, because that is what it is ultimately about) is to be made more and more invisible and pushed over the edge. Go over there! If possible, the "normal believer" should no longer come into contact with what has been Catholic for two thousand years - and if he does, then with the guilty conscience of doing something "forbidden". spiritual abuse at the highest level; the Pope as a murderer of souls?

The second target of the attack is the communities of tradition, which are to be attacked in their innermost being through the prohibition or strictest restriction of their pastoral work and in particular through the prohibition of consecration in the traditional rite. Its members are also to be forced to understand the two-thousand-year history of the Church of Christ as an outdated, even closed chapter, and to swear an oath of allegiance to the Church of the Zeitgeist, which was re-enlivened by the "spirit of Vatican II" and newly founded by the Pistolero from the Pampas. The concrete effects this will have on the seminars and the young talent situation of the institutes should soon become apparent.

Two recent observations confirm the trend and justify the worst fears. For one, in a recent speech, the current occupant of the See of Peter said he had moral reservations about homosexuality. This earned him a reprimanding "Dubium" from his brother James Martin. Francis answered this immediately, contrary to his usual dealings with dubia, and with a handwritten letter in which he diligently apologized and suggested a reading of his statements that was more agreeable to the homo-Pope.

The second is perhaps even more typical: With detailed decrees at the beginning of the month, Francis founded a more practically oriented "Laudato Si Education Center for ecological conversion" and a more theoretically working "Laudato Si Study Center for ecological reorientation". Both institutions were endowed with extensive institutional and financial privileges and were assigned the summer residence of Castel-Gandolfo, used by previous popes, as premises for their undoubtedly extremely beneficial activities. Extensive renovation work is said to have already begun in this Borgo Laudato-Si , which is now to be called that.

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

james03

We truly are in the age of anti-Christ.  When will leaders in the Church stand up and say "No!"?
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

drummerboy

My usual reaction to this type of news hasn't changed: when will the SSPX consecrate bishops!? Things in Rome are not improving!
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Acolyte

Notice how Francis pulls these stunts during Advent and Lent ?

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Lynne

Quote from: drummerboy on February 06, 2023, 12:58:01 PMMy usual reaction to this type of news hasn't changed: when will the SSPX consecrate bishops!? Things in Rome are not improving!

Hopefully, the day after this Apostolic Constitution is published.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Instaurare omnia

Boiling Frog Syndrome time for the diocesan TLMs. The letters below were posted by Peter Kwasniewski, who thinks that the Vatican is now laughing at Canon 87 too. Canon 87 says, 

QuoteCan. 87 §1. A diocesan bishop, whenever he judges that it contributes to their spiritual good, is able to dispense the faithful from universal and particular disciplinary laws issued for his territory or his subjects by the supreme authority of the Church. He is not able to dispense, however, from procedural or penal laws nor from those whose dispensation is specially reserved to the Apostolic See or some other authority. 
§2. If recourse to the Holy See is difficult and, at the same time, there is danger of grave harm in delay, any ordinary is able to dispense from these same laws even if dispensation is reserved to the Holy See, provided that it concerns a dispensation which the Holy See is accustomed to grant under the same circumstances, without prejudice to the prescript of can. 291.
Here is the two-page letter in question, written by a US bishop to a priest in his diocese. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoTacZ9XEAAMjTT?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoTar_HXoBYpO4l?format=jpg&name=small
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

Jmartyr

We just purchased a bigger SSPX chapel. Come on in.
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

drummerboy

Quote from: Acolyte on February 06, 2023, 02:12:46 PMNotice how Francis pulls these stunts during Advent and Lent ?

Because he is a miserable scoundrel, that thrives off the misery of others.  He must ruin peoples' joy, a true Scrooge.

drummerboy

Quote from: Jmartyr on February 06, 2023, 04:17:08 PMWe just purchased a bigger SSPX chapel. Come on in.

I can only hope, if it comes to it, the ICKSP has some sort of merger with the FSSPX.  We already know the FSSP won't.

OzarkCatholic

Quote from: drummerboy on February 08, 2023, 11:52:30 AM
Quote from: Jmartyr on February 06, 2023, 04:17:08 PMWe just purchased a bigger SSPX chapel. Come on in.

I can only hope, if it comes to it, the ICKSP has some sort of merger with the FSSPX.  We already know the FSSP won't.

That would be awkward, considering the institute has moved to a pre-55 model while SSPX adheres to '62. In fact, most diocesan clerics who offer the TLM tend to follow DA calendar with multiple collects, etc. I think it helps that they are often trained by the canons of the institute at De Sales Oratory.

And here in the STL region, we also have the diocesan TLM only Sts Gregory & Augustine Oratory, where they have also moved in a pre-55ism direction, with the Archbishop being tacitly favorable. It helps that then-abp. Burke structured the community as a second oratory dedicated to the old rite.
Feels like Groundhog Day again.

Acolyte

One diocesan priest here in town told a friend of mine he'll "go underground" rather than stop praying the TLM.

I believe him.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Traditionallyruralmom

Quote from: Acolyte on February 08, 2023, 03:38:41 PMOne diocesan priest here in town told a friend of mine he'll "go underground" rather than stop praying the TLM.

I believe him.
Good for him.  Our diocese priest who said our TLM is offering the smells and bells NO after our bishop caved to the modernists at Christmas.  Back to the SSPX we trod....
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Fuerza

Quote from: OzarkCatholic on February 08, 2023, 03:09:16 PM

That would be awkward, considering the institute has moved to a pre-55 model while SSPX adheres to '62. In fact, most diocesan clerics who offer the TLM tend to follow DA calendar with multiple collects, etc. I think it helps that they are often trained by the canons of the institute at De Sales Oratory.

And here in the STL region, we also have the diocesan TLM only Sts Gregory & Augustine Oratory, where they have also moved in a pre-55ism direction, with the Archbishop being tacitly favorable. It helps that then-abp. Burke structured the community as a second oratory dedicated to the old rite.

Do you know which version of the Good Friday prayer for the Jews the ICKSP uses? The pre 1962 or the revised 2008 BXVI version?

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Fuerza on February 08, 2023, 08:14:18 PMDo you know which version of the Good Friday prayer for the Jews the ICKSP uses? The pre 1962 or the revised 2008 BXVI version?

They use the one from Benedict XVI, sadly. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Fuerza on February 08, 2023, 08:14:18 PM
Quote from: OzarkCatholic on February 08, 2023, 03:09:16 PM

Do you know which version of the Good Friday prayer for the Jews the ICKSP uses? The pre 1962 or the revised 2008 BXVI version?

Locally, I think they said the pre-55 version last time.  I was there, and I think I remember that.