Vatican announcement forbids blessing same sex unions

Started by lauermar, March 15, 2021, 10:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauermar

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/vatican-excludes-gay-union-blessing-god-bless-sin-76462082

The Vatican made this statement today. Obviously this isn't a new idea. However, it would have been unnecessary to issue a new statement if folks had not been confused by Pope Francis' past public statement which appeared to favor gay unions. Most people were confused because they view societal rights and privileges for married couples (not individuals) as a formal recognition that the union is legitimate. Which it is not.

Notice that the liberal nun has voiced a loophole around it: we can bless gay individuals and their committed selves, just not the contract. Which means that to the general public it will look like a blessing on a gay union with a same-sex couple standing together in church wearing their wedding rings. Obviously chaste gay singles like Joseph Sciambra aren't signing up for an individual blessing.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

King Wenceslas

QuoteThe answer to the proposed dubium does not preclude the blessings given to individual persons with homosexual inclinations, who manifest the will to live in fidelity to the revealed plans of God as proposed by Church teaching. Rather, it declares illicit any form of blessing that tends to acknowledge their unions as such.

"Well of course Father I am in fidelity to the revealed plans of God. Now give me and my partner a blessing."

MaximGun

King Wenceslas

Vincentus Ioannes

It's a spectacular indictment of Francis' regime that it's a major news story whenever they do something vaguely Christian.

ChristusRex

$kojec publicly doubts, if not, outright denies the legitimacy of the Catholic Church. Probably shouldn?t be used as a source for Catholic commentary. Just sayin?....
The Lord our God from tree doth reign

Prayerful

Quote from: King Wenceslas on March 15, 2021, 03:35:32 PM

QuoteThe answer to the proposed dubium does not preclude the blessings given to individual persons with homosexual inclinations, who manifest the will to live in fidelity to the revealed plans of God as proposed by Church teaching. Rather, it declares illicit any form of blessing that tends to acknowledge their unions as such.

"Well of course Father I am in fidelity to the revealed plans of God. Now give me and my partner a blessing."

Nothing against blessing a pair of individual gays who present for blessing, or so the Germans will say. Like I said in another thread, this is basically Memoriale Domini, where Paul VI banned but didn't ban Communion in the hands, for the homos.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

clau clau

Quote from: MaximGun on March 17, 2021, 05:32:55 AM
Quote from: King Wenceslas on March 16, 2021, 08:01:18 PM
Steve Skojic's skeptical response:

https://onepeterfive.com/vatican-nixes-german-plan-for-same-sex-blessings-but-all-i-feel-is-deja-vu/

The picture in that article is great.

It sure is.  "The picture of Dorian Apple".  <redacted>

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being blessed, and that is not being blessed".

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Elizabeth.2

I could not see any photo except Skojek's thumbnail.

lauermar

Why would the church be able to bless practicing gays? By practicing I mean active in the homo lifestyle.

If they're not active, how would the blessing priest prove their chastity.

What is the reason for blessing a chaste person? Chastity is a duty of every non-married Catholic.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Miriam_M

Quote from: lauermar on March 28, 2021, 02:34:43 AM
Why would the church be able to bless practicing gays? By practicing I mean active in the homo lifestyle.

If they're not active, how would the blessing priest prove their chastity.

What is the reason for blessing a chaste person? Chastity is a duty of every non-married Catholic.

It seems to me that the very contradiction you raise is evidence of diabolical influence within the Church. Satan loves to invade the holy so as to pervert it.

How, indeed?

Our priest delivered a fiery sermon about this, weeks ago, repudiating such a possibility as nefarious and unholy.

Heinrich

Quote from: ChristusRex on March 16, 2021, 09:30:36 PM
$kojec publicly doubts, if not, outright denies the legitimacy of the Catholic Church. Probably shouldn't be used as a source for Catholic commentary. Just sayin'....

strong indictment. Got evidence?(I have no affection for Skojec).
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

TradGranny

Quote from: ChristusRex on March 16, 2021, 09:30:36 PM
$kojec publicly doubts, if not, outright denies the legitimacy of the Catholic Church. Probably shouldn't be used as a source for Catholic commentary. Just sayin'....

Can you support this charge?
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

TradGranny

Quote from: clau clau on March 17, 2021, 09:20:04 AM
Quote from: MaximGun on March 17, 2021, 05:32:55 AM
Quote from: King Wenceslas on March 16, 2021, 08:01:18 PM
Steve Skojic's skeptical response:

https://onepeterfive.com/vatican-nixes-german-plan-for-same-sex-blessings-but-all-i-feel-is-deja-vu/

The picture in that article is great.

It sure is.  "The picture of Dorian Apple".  <redacted>

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being blessed, and that is not being blessed".

By their fruit you shall know them.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila