A Florilegium of the Saints on Dancing

Started by Vetus Ordo, May 17, 2020, 01:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip G.

Let us look at israeli men, and their dance, to use them as our masculine control/example.  Israeli IDF soldiers often dance while on the battlefield before war.  And, we all know what IDF soldiers dancing on the battlefield means.  It means they are going to brutally massacre some seemingly innocent people.  So, israeli men dance in order to kill. 

Contrary wise, if it is a just war, God and his army of angels, with St. Michael leading the way, fight for us.  The euphoria for just men at war is not the euphoria of a dizzying dance, it is the euphoria of a battle whose victory is guaranteed from the beginning. 

I will conclude that the ones who are to be dancing proximate to war are those freed from that violent society/culture that demanded the just society to conquer them to put an end to it.  And, it is my guess that the elderly are the ones who dance.  Because, freed from oppression, and wise as they are, they have a reason to live.  And, the future may need them.  So, they dance.  For, just as nature uses it to reflect health, it has potential to produce health. 

As dancing regards child bearing women, it leads to fornication.  It happened in Judges, and saints admit it.  However, among the just, dancing remains proximate the reproductive act, but on the opposite side of the affair.  Dancing should be a tool to help infants develop physically.  Think of a dancing baby.  It is the cutest thing.  And, instead of the dancing being used to produce fornication, as it is with child bearing women who dance, it is used after reproduction. 

Again, both of these manifestations of what I would regard as justified dancing are genuine and natural.  The sexual act is a type of dance, and warfare is a type of dance, in the sense that they are both euphoric.  After they are complete, the dance continues, but it is not euphoric, it is purpose driven.  The purpose is for the old to live, and for the young to live.   

In sum, there should be no ritual dancing.  Ritual dancing is an oxymoron.  Babies are a gift from God.  Victory is a gift from God.  Life in Christ is a gift from God.  And, life in Christ is supernatural. 

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

dymphnaw

Am I the only one who's been to a club or an office party? The people grinding on each other on the dance floor aren't getting exercise or swing dancing (which can be quite vulgar too) they are sizing each other up for sex in the restroom, the alley, a hotel room  or if the guy considers himself a gentleman, back at someones apartment.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: dymphnaw on July 15, 2020, 11:35:52 AM
Am I the only one who's been to a club or an office party?

I've never been to an office party like that.  :o

QuoteThe people grinding on each other on the dance floor aren't getting exercise or swing dancing (which can be quite vulgar too) they are sizing each other up for sex in the restroom, the alley, a hotel room  or if the guy considers himself a gentleman, back at someones apartment.

Gerard

I still don't understand what "dancing" is supposed to be.  We see plenty of examples of scenarios and situations and groupings of who does dancing and on what occasions, but what is "dancing"? Why does a person move some or all of their body to music or rhythms when they aren't actually making the music?  Why does anyone want to watch or do it with another person or a group of people or insist that other people watch them do it?  Is it simply a pastime for people that couldn't think of anything better to do?

What does throwing one's arm or leg at the sound of a 7th chord marked "sforzando" mean? How does the one relate to the other? 

Look at any dance video of any kind and turn the sound off and try and make sense of what in God's name these people are doing? 

Philip G.

Quote from: Gerard on July 16, 2020, 09:09:24 PM
I still don't understand what "dancing" is supposed to be.  We see plenty of examples of scenarios and situations and groupings of who does dancing and on what occasions, but what is "dancing"? Why does a person move some or all of their body to music or rhythms when they aren't actually making the music?  Why does anyone want to watch or do it with another person or a group of people or insist that other people watch them do it?  Is it simply a pastime for people that couldn't think of anything better to do?

What does throwing one's arm or leg at the sound of a 7th chord marked "sforzando" mean? How does the one relate to the other? 

Look at any dance video of any kind and turn the sound off and try and make sense of what in God's name these people are doing?

Dancing is matter over mind.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12