Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sbyvl36

My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

C.Z.

Skyfall. The by Adele is fantastic.
The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people" - G.K. Chesterton.

"To be able to speak the Truth and yet remain silent is to draw down the anger of God" - St. Justin Martyr

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Bowwow on January 14, 2014, 04:11:11 PM
Yeah the music was great the movie was a complete embarrassment to bonds.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Larry

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 14, 2014, 04:21:34 PM
Quote from: Bowwow on January 14, 2014, 04:11:11 PM
Yeah the music was great the movie was a complete embarrassment to bonds.

I liked it. I didn't think it was as great as everyone else said it was, but it was pretty good. Way better than Quantum of Solace. Man, I hated that movie!
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

drummerboy

Rocky V

Why on earth don't people like that movie?!  I'd rate it after Rocky I.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Larry

Quote from: drummerboy on January 16, 2014, 12:21:58 PM
Rocky V

It's definitely better than Rocky IV or the sixth one.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Larry S. on January 16, 2014, 01:35:39 PM
Rocky V

Rocky IV?

Heck no.  (by which I mean, rocky IV was awesome).
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Larry

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 16, 2014, 01:44:53 PM
Rocky V

Rocky IV?

It just didn't seem like a Rocky movie to me. More like a Marvel comic book.

Heinrich

Rocky V

Rocky IV?

I am with Käse on this: Rocky IV is a great movie. I was in high school when it came out and the Cold War was center stage and Rocky knocked the balls off them evil commies!
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Larry

Quote from: Heinrich on January 16, 2014, 09:49:15 PM
Rocky V

Rocky IV?

I am with Käse on this: Rocky IV is a great movie. I was in high school when it came out and the Cold War was center stage and Rocky knocked the balls off them evil commies!

I was a teenager when it came out too and saw it opening night. All of my friends loved it, but I just couldn't get into it. Rocky seemed like a different character than the guy from the first 3 movies. The Philly connection was tenuous(I forget, is there even one shot of Rocky in Philly in the movie?). I thought Paulie's robot was really dumb. The Russians(and even Gorby) turning against Drago in the fight was, even as a kid, ridiculous to me. And to add insult to injury, the Rocky theme wasn't played once in the entire movie(though I did like the soundtrack anyway). It just didn't do it for me.

Larry

Oh, and the last movie I watched was The Mask of Fu Manchu with Boris Karloff and Myrna Loy. This movie was so politically incorrect that I can't imagine any network showing it on television today without a disclaimer. Which is why I enjoyed it so much.

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Kaesekopf

I JUST WROTE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SUMMARY OF WHY ROCKY IV WAS THE BEST, GOT LOGGED OUT, AND LOST IT ALL. 

LIFE IS TERRIBLE.  WHY.  WHY.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Gardener

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 16, 2014, 11:53:41 PM
I JUST WROTE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SUMMARY OF WHY ROCKY IV WAS THE BEST, GOT LOGGED OUT, AND LOST IT ALL. 

LIFE IS TERRIBLE.  WHY.  WHY.

Hit "back" and it should be retained, copy, paste after loggin back in.

Or just do what I do: copy entire post, including quotes, before hitting reply.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe