Divorce, Annulment & Communion

Started by Vetus Ordo, August 27, 2019, 01:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsas

Quote from: Michael Wilson on September 05, 2019, 06:39:45 PM
That is a temptation to sin, under the appearance of good. The will of God is that you love your wife, that is what the grace of the Sacrament will help you to do. If you do this you will be pleasing to God and you will save your soul.

This is 100 % super confusing.  My parents forced me into this marriage but because the person is nice I was nice too.  And God commands to love your neighbor.  However it is crystal clear to the 3rd person and me, that that was the marriage that God intended, and my parents put me into this one only to nip that real one in the bud, so to speak.  I would be lying to the world as well as to God if I didn't want that forbidden marriage.  It is that forbidden marriage that we planned before my parents jumped in.  Now what does canon law say about this mess? 

Non Nobis

Quote from: gsas on September 05, 2019, 08:18:41 PM
That is a temptation to sin, under the appearance of good. The will of God is that you love your wife, that is what the grace of the Sacrament will help you to do. If you do this you will be pleasing to God and you will save your soul.

This is 100 % super confusing.  My parents forced me into this marriage but because the person is nice I was nice too.  And God commands to love your neighbor.  However it is crystal clear to the 3rd person and me, that that was the marriage that God intended, and my parents put me into this one only to nip that real one in the bud, so to speak.  I would be lying to the world as well as to God if I didn't want that forbidden marriage.  It is that forbidden marriage that we planned before my parents jumped in.  Now what does canon law say about this mess?

You really need to talk to your priest (or even bishop) about whether or not your "forced" marriage was valid or not. If it was not valid, then really there was no marriage at all. The issue is too complex and personal to you for us to give you really good advice.

Below I have "general" thoughts for "someone" whose marriage was actually valid.

If he was validly married (see Michael Wilson's post on this), THAT MARRIAGE is the one God intends. Maybe he was foolish in his decision, but God not only permitted that decision, but blessed the resulting marriage, and gives it grace. Once he is married it is too late to decide that is not what he really wanted; instead he should do (and try to want) what GOD wants NOW.  That is what will bring peace to his life, even if he finds it hard.

"God really intended me to marry this other person" may have been true about his past.  But NOW that is not what God intends - he should stay married to true wife now, "until death do us part".

Surely you know that divorcing and remarrying "the one I really love" is not in the Bible.

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

gsas

Quote from: Non Nobis on September 05, 2019, 10:47:05 PM
Quote from: gsas on September 05, 2019, 08:18:41 PM

You really need to talk to your priest (or even bishop) about whether or not your "forced" marriage was valid or not. If it was not valid, then really there was no marriage at all. The issue is too complex and personal to you for us to give you really good advice.

Below I have "general" thoughts for "someone" whose marriage was actually valid.

If he was validly married (see Michael Wilson's post on this), THAT MARRIAGE is the one God intends. Maybe he was foolish in his decision, but God not only permitted that decision, but blessed the resulting marriage, and gives it grace. Once he is married it is too late to decide that is not what he really wanted; instead he should do (and try to want) what GOD wants NOW.  That is what will bring peace to his life, even if he finds it hard.

"God really intended me to marry this other person" may have been true about his past.  But NOW that is not what God intends - he should stay married to true wife now, "until death do us part".

Surely you know that divorcing and remarrying "the one I really love" is not in the Bible.

This is bad news for God then, because if God intends one thing, then later God changes and intends what the next wiseguy bully ordaines, then any wiseguy bully can rotate God by the tail.  Doesn't seem right, I think. I think it matters how old you are and what is done to you to make you decide this or that.  I hope God considers the external forces that influence decisions, even generally speaking.  On 2nd thought, I apologize, I can imagine that God reconsiders and reviews everything time to time, as He needs to deal with forces that control people but that people can't control. So in your example, God changed His mind.  I can understand that.  This is very complex and complicated.  Maybe a general question can be constructed, whether God would change a future that was constructed in ungodly expediency or other less than holy premise such as fear and manipulation?

Michael Wilson

gsas,
you don't know what God's plan was; you think that because you have fallen in love with a woman, that "this is the one that God intends"; and this may not at all be the case. Until you get your present marital status clarified by somebody who is qualified to do so; you are playing with the possibility of Mortal sin.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Bonaventure

Have lost count of the Catholics I know, both personally and via fora, who have fallen for the New Church annulment game.

For example:

- a couple who met on a trad fora, had children, and the wife ended up leaving for "Orthodoxy." The wife paraded around and told people if she didn't secure her new church annulment, she would simply go 'dox and get a divorce.

-two nominal NOtards become calvinists and marry in their sect. The man then becomes 'dox, and wants to leave the woman (she is bad with money and morbidly obese. He has managed to lose over 100 lbs).

The man runs to his conciliar tribunal, who declare that he merely "materially" rejected Catholicism, not "formally," as such an annulment was granted.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."