Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Bonaventure

Quote from: Archer on January 20, 2014, 11:47:46 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on January 20, 2014, 11:23:55 PM
The Desolation of Smaug

Your thoughts?

I thought it was great. [spoiler]Mirkwood, and the life-likeness of the spiders, was horrific. I didn't realize Tauriel was Kate from Lost.

Of course, one realizes it's going to drag and that they're stretching things out to make it a trilogy. It's quite difficult to sit for three hours.[/spoiler]
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

totiusque

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 21, 2014, 12:52:43 AM
I thought it was great. [spoiler]Mirkwood, and the life-likeness of the spiders, was horrific. I didn't realize Tauriel was Kate from Lost.

Of course, one realizes it's going to drag and that they're stretching things out to make it a trilogy. It's quite difficult to sit for three hours.[/spoiler]

I'm pretty sure that none of what you put in your spoiler comments are, in fact, spoilers. 

It's funny, but I couldn't see Tauriel as anything BUT Kate from Lost.  I guess I'm just not a big fan of Evangeline Lilly, though I loved Lost and have enjoyed the Hobbit movies for what they are - big budget popcorn flicks.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Bonaventure

red solo cup

Jack Reacher. Usually I can't stand Tom Cruz bu the movie was pretty good.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Kaesekopf

Won't be seeing Hobbit 2.  Not after Bona's spoiler re: spiders.  Nope nope nope nope nope.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Archer

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 23, 2014, 09:18:08 AM
Won't be seeing Hobbit 2.  Not after Bona's spoiler re: spiders.  Nope nope nope nope nope.

Wuss. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Archer on January 23, 2014, 09:23:58 AM

Wuss.

Yep.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Adeodatus

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 23, 2014, 09:25:10 AM

Wuss.

Yep.

Peter Jackson's cinematic excretions should be avoided at all costs.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

Archer

Quote from: Adeodatus on January 23, 2014, 08:45:02 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 23, 2014, 09:25:10 AM

Wuss.

Yep.

Peter Jackson's cinematic excretions should be avoided at all costs.

I think we've had this argument before. I agree with you, insofar as they do not accurately represent Tolkien's work. But as Friday night popcorn flicks they are great entertainment.

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Arun

Requiem for A Dream. timeless classic.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Arun on January 25, 2014, 09:52:47 PM
Requiem for A Dream. timeless classic.
This is a very good movie to show older teens and young adults about the dangers of drug abuse..or more broudly abaout ALL kinds of addictions........or would be if there wasn't such violent sexual scenes. Sometimes I wish we could edit movies for ourselves.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.