St Patrick Catholic Church, Seattle. Liturgy, not for the faint of heart

Started by Parresia, December 06, 2014, 09:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamVanHouten

The Facebook page is just non-Catholics expressing their joy over grave heresy and encouraging their probably Hindu-educated, Lady Gaga-formed priest, considering all the pagan dance he seems to love.

LausTibiChriste

I just took a gander at their website.

I'm sorry, but the comparison is just too easy to pass up:

SCHISMATIC, EVIL, OUTSIDE THE CHURCH, UN-CATHOLIC:

HOLY, CATHOLIC, FULL COMMUNION, IN ACCORDANCE WITH TRADITION:

What's that saying? A picture speaks a thousand words?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Pheo

Quote from: Miriam_M on December 08, 2014, 12:19:58 PMFor all these reasons the new bishop booted the pastor and his associate to different parts of the country.

Doesn't this seem like a bad idea too?  Unless they ended up in some strict, silent monastic order, they should just get whatever the ecclesial version of being fired is.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Cesar_Augustus

I wonder how can someone can actually like that, and other absurd things that have been introduced in Liturgy.

Relicario

The only people who can do a decent job with dancing in a church are the Ethiopian Orthodox
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6EigDGD8J4[/yt]

The Curt Jester

I wonder if churches with liturgical dancers have chiropractors on standby.   On  related note, what happens if someone drops one of those glass chalices while the old ladies are doing pirouettes around the sanctuary?
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Chestertonian

the omlu good thing about the liturgical dance pictures is that theyaren't actually moving
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

youngfogey

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 08, 2014, 05:02:41 PM
I just took a gander at their website.

I'm sorry, but the comparison is just too easy to pass up:

SCHISMATIC, EVIL, OUTSIDE THE CHURCH, UN-CATHOLIC:

HOLY, CATHOLIC, FULL COMMUNION, IN ACCORDANCE WITH TRADITION:

What's that saying? A picture speaks a thousand words?

The irony wasn't lost on me 30 years ago.

At least the liberals have to use Pope Benedict's missal in English. So just like 50 years ago, I can go to Mass anywhere in the country. Bad ceremonial, etc., is on them, not me, and I have my parish to come home to.
What I believe: on being a Catholic
The Orthodox tradition: the Greek Catholic option

"Beeler: you have become a joke. Your Catholicer-than-thou, anti-Orthodox, capitalist lackey, not-so-young fogey shtick is old old old, just as you like it." — Daniel Nichols

Your resident Protestant troll! Seriously, I'm fervently moderate, too conservative for the Novus Ordo and too liberal for the traditionalist movement. I love and defend the TLM but respect all who are acting in good faith and I believe they can be saved.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Pheo on December 08, 2014, 05:21:30 PM
Quote from: Miriam_M on December 08, 2014, 12:19:58 PMFor all these reasons the new bishop booted the pastor and his associate to different parts of the country.

Doesn't this seem like a bad idea too?  Unless they ended up in some strict, silent monastic order, they should just get whatever the ecclesial version of being fired is.

I agree with you, but you and I aren't running things.  (Also, they're members of a religious congregation, so there's another layer to contend with.)  I do, yes, feel sorry for their next group of victims.  Indeed.

Joshua119

QuoteIf that's what full communion with Rome looks like, color me schismatic. 

This stuff is exactly why I'm leaving the NO church

Mattock

Even a "reverent and conservative" NO Mass is a torment to endure. People applauding at the homily, banal music, sign of peace time, hold hands at the Our Father, horrid (though a bit better now) translation -- especially of the lectionary (the woman at the "cistern" . . . really!?), some guy coming up before the final blessing to plug his "apostolate." The NO vs TLM as a missal vs. missal conversation is purely academic. Only one is a hundred NO masses on any given Sunday is said reverently and in according with current law in North America and most of Western Europe. The Latin Rite leadership has basically apostatised.
For now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that doth not yield good fruit, shall be cut down, and cast into the fire.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Mattock on December 12, 2014, 05:00:48 PM
Even a "reverent and conservative" NO Mass is a torment to endure. People applauding at the homily, banal music, sign of peace time, hold hands at the Our Father, horrid (though a bit better now) translation -- especially of the lectionary (the woman at the "cistern" . . . really!?), some guy coming up before the final blessing to plug his "apostolate." The NO vs TLM as a missal vs. missal conversation is purely academic. Only one is a hundred NO masses on any given Sunday is said reverently and in according with current law in North America and most of Western Europe. The Latin Rite leadership has basically apostatised.
these things are not intrinsic to the novusordo missae
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Traditionallyruralmom

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Traditionallyruralmom

the scary thing is they link to EWTN and are doing the Catechism of the Good Shepherd, both of which are thought by many non TLM but faithful Catholics to be conservative. 

the photos on this parishes website are yuck, just yuck.  I am so happy to be worse than a satanist with the SSPX.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Traditionallyruralmom on December 16, 2014, 06:20:49 PM
the scary thing is they link to EWTN and are doing the Catechism of the Good Shepherd, both of which are thought by many non TLM but faithful Catholics to be conservative. 

the photos on this parishes website are yuck, just yuck.  I am so happy to be worse than a satanist with the SSPX.

my son goes to acatechesis of the good shepherd group