It's about time

Started by Heinrich, December 15, 2018, 10:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

James and Mack, please provide the necessary contingencies and philosophical partisanship required to understand this.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-14/obamacare-gutted-core-provisions-ruled-unconstitutional-texas-judge
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

james03

It's a legal challenge.  The original legal theory of why the government has a right to dictate your insurance coverage was hatched up by Roberts after pictures of his immoral actions with a goat were shown to him (or something like that).  It was insane, but relied on the "individual mandate" being equivalent to a tax.

Congress got rid of the "individual mandate", so the legal argument is now void.  The judge recognized this and declared Odumbocare unconstitutional.

None of this matters in the end.  You still have 4 libtards and Roberts on the Supreme Court.  My guess is he'll cook up something else, but don't know.  This will eventually go to SCOTUS.  We'll see what happens.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"