Wiederschlichtungsanfrage

Started by Heinrich, February 27, 2022, 12:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Lieber Chef,

Let Laus post again. His proximity to the hot lava could help us here understand the flow better. Plus, I think he's learned his lesson this time.

Dein,

Heinrich
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jayne

There is no sign that Laus has learned anything.  A large proportion of the posts that he thanks are those that contain personal abuse and insults.

A picture (worth a thousand words) for those who think that this time will be different:

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Heinrich on February 27, 2022, 12:00:08 PM
Let Laus post again. His proximity to the hot lava could help us here understand the flow better. Plus, I think he's learned his lesson this time.

It is interesting what you think deserves a permanent ban and what deserves a temporary one.

Quote from: Heinrich on January 22, 2022, 06:59:11 PM
Is this allowed? I attempted to contact him pm, but since he is too much of a coward and won't  accept a PM from another Catholic, i am taking this grievance public. He has no right to do this. This should be a permaban as this conduct could be used for nefarious purposes and create undue hardship for someone. It is scandalous.

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 23, 2021, 01:00:56 PM
That's nice. Gay, but nice.

Post the one from tonight when I called you a faggot

Jayne

Quote from: Pæniteo on February 27, 2022, 07:14:58 PM
It is interesting what you think deserves a permanent ban and what deserves a temporary one.

Heinrich regularly thanked Laus's abusive posts.  I doubt that Heinrich thinks that Laus deserved even a temporary ban.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Jayne on February 27, 2022, 08:14:25 PM
Heinrich regularly thanked Laus's abusive posts.  I doubt that Heinrich thinks that Laus deserved even a temporary ban.
More than you know.

However, the entire argument seems to be that he'd be a benefit to specifically temporal political discussions that are most popular at the moment, and I think this is odd, since this is not the purpose of the forum.

Inviting someone back because they will fuel those political discussions is perhaps contrary to the purpose of a traditional Catholic forum.

In fact, a lot of things are hindering that description from being accurate and I think there is a desire to resemble it more than it does.

Allowing someone to access the forum as a user with his membergroup settings and publicly approve posts is odd too, and I'd advocate for complete exclusion of those whose participation has been grossly contrary to the stated purpose of this forum.

red solo cup

I disagree. I think the forum benefits if it's more inclusive.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jayne

Quote from: red solo cup on February 28, 2022, 05:30:19 AM
I disagree. I think the forum benefits if it's more inclusive.

I like for the forum to include some discussion of secular events, but when this dominates discussions at the expense of specifically Catholic topics, then we are in danger of losing our identity as a traditional Catholic forum.  There are countless places where I can go to see people's opinions on Covid or the Ukraine situation, but very few where I can discuss traditional Catholic beliefs and practices with my fellow trads.  (And even fewer where I would want to.)

My impression is that discussions have been skewed toward secular topics for several years now and I would like us return to the more religious focus of the earlier years of the forum.

diaduit

But nothing is stopping you from seeing that Jayne.

I would like to see Laus back but no surprise there, he will have good on the ground information.  Seeing as our European members here have a lot more to worry about I think we could do with it.  Plus if we are at war then petty (I'll include mine if you like) arguments are nothing short of stupid and Catholic fraternity is extremely important at this time.

TerrorDæmonum

Catholic fraternity was always important and that is the issue. This forum is severely lacking when it comes to Catholic fraternity and the forum membership should be based on those who promote this, or at least don't severely and deliberately destroy it.

Forum policy should encourage the fulfillment of the stated purpose of the forum. Being "inclusive" of non-Catholic elements, posting, and subjects would destroy this completely if it has not been already.

Jayne

Quote from: diaduit on February 28, 2022, 08:49:25 AM
But nothing is stopping you from seeing that Jayne.

I would like to see Laus back but no surprise there, he will have good on the ground information.  Seeing as our European members here have a lot more to worry about I think we could do with it.  Plus if we are at war then petty (I'll include mine if you like) arguments are nothing short of stupid and Catholic fraternity is extremely important at this time.

I have a daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren who live in Vilnius.  This is very personal for me.  I am striving very hard to entrust the situation to God rather than worry about it.

People who live geographically close to the situation have their limited personal observations and are fed just as much propaganda as anybody else.  I do not consider Laus as a good source of "on the ground information" any more than I consider my daughter to be one.  I do not see any advantage to having him post here that outweighs the disadvantage of letting loose a consistently nasty and abusive poster on this forum.  This is the third or fourth time he has been "permabanned" for his behaviour and giving him "second" chances has not made any difference to it.  He does not even admit that he has done anything wrong or apologized to the people he has attacked.

It is all very well for you to dismiss it as a "petty argument".  You are not one of the people he has a vendetta against.  I have no reason to think that he is capable of "Catholic fraternity".  I am already dealing with my family being in danger.  I would rather not deal with being abused and attacked on a forum as well.

diaduit

I think your wrong but all in all, I do hope and pray your family are safe :pray3: :pray3: :pray3:

Heinrich

"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jayne

Quote from: Heinrich on February 28, 2022, 12:45:05 PM
What's Vilnus?

What's Wiederschlichtungsanfrage and why do you so often ignore the forum rule "This is an English language forum. If you want to post in another language, "The Alps" subforum is available to you. Otherwise keep all posts in English or please provide a translation." ?

Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania, formerly part of the Soviet Union.  If Putin's ultimate goal is to restore all the former UsSR territory, as many are speculating, Vilnius is likely to be attacked.  The Lithuanians find the threat credible enough to have declared a national state of emergency.

Heinrich

Quote from: Jayne on February 28, 2022, 12:58:43 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on February 28, 2022, 12:45:05 PM
What's Vilnus?

What's Wiederschlichtungsanfrage and why do you so often ignore the forum rule "This is an English language forum. If you want to post in another language, "The Alps" subforum is available to you. Otherwise keep all posts in English or please provide a translation." ?

Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania, formerly part of the Soviet Union.  If Putin's ultimate goal is to restore all the former UsSR territory, as many are speculating, Vilnius is likely to be attacked.  The Lithuanians find the threat credible enough to have declared a national state of emergency.

Imner so sauer.

Jayne

As per the forum rules, please provide a translation.