Paeniteo Changing Post Titles

Started by Heinrich, January 22, 2022, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Is this allowed? I attempted to contact him pm, but since he is too much of a coward and won't  accept a PM from another Catholic, i am taking this grievance public. He has no right to do this. This should be a permaban as this conduct could be used for nefarious purposes and create undue hardship for someone. It is scandalous.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The Curt Jester

Anybody can change post titles.  If the administrator doesn't like it, he can edit the forum to not allow changing them.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Heinrich on January 22, 2022, 06:59:11 PM
Is this allowed?
Everybody can do it and yes, it is allowed.

It is the subject of the post, not the thread, that is changed, and one can write a post and write a subject.

I attempted to contact him pm, but since he is too much of a coward and won?t  accept a PM from another Catholic,
People have lied on the public forum about the contents of personal messages and I am not really keen to receive them from certain people, however, it is just an effect using the features of the forum to restrict personal messages from Buddies or to reject them from the Ignored or to reject all messages (my settings are subject to change). My email is public for anybody who really wants to contact me.

Quotei am taking this grievance public. He has no right to do this.
Right? It is just using the forum as any other user.

This should be a permaban as this conduct could be used for nefarious purposes and create undue hardship for someone. It is scandalous.
Don't be hysterical.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: The Curt Jester on January 22, 2022, 07:01:58 PM
Anybody can change post titles.  If the administrator doesn't like it, he can edit the forum to not allow changing them.
It is not really an option on SMF. If a person can submit or edit their posts, they can edit their own post's subject.

Removing this would not be a trivial alteration of the forum.