Members You Wish Would Come Back

Started by Bonaventure, August 15, 2023, 11:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

Quote from: Non Nobis on August 30, 2023, 09:32:32 AMOn the other hand Vetus Ordo under that user name and same person HAS changed his opinions often in a confusing way. In Fisheaters Vetus Ordo was a Catholic who was confused, but played a miserable joke starting on April Fools trying to convert others to (Calvinism? Or some other non-Catholic Christian religion) pretending he was no longer Catholic. At the end it came out as "just a joke"; some people had guessed it was a joke. But maybe it was no joke after all, and he was just pretending  to pretend, pretending it was a joke, trying to fool himself that he was still Catholic.

It wasn't a joke. He truly became a "High Church Protestant" and Calvinist. He personally tried to proof text a quote from St. John Chrysostom, to me, in order to promote sola scriptura and sola fide.

QuoteLater he became (or revealed himself as wrapped up in Islam.. But all I saw was in posts where he was consistently named Vetus Ordo and had the same kind of recognizable personality, not exactly an alter ego, but a confused and changing person.

He has always had a fetish for Islam. In addition to publicly admitting that he apostatized and lived as a Mohammedan in his 20s, methinks another reason for the attraction is that one can live in an Islamic theocracy rather easily

Quote from: Non Nobis on August 30, 2023, 09:32:32 AMI agree with Kent that from what we see Goldfinch is very different than Vetus Ordo, not the same person.

That is because he can be "himself" as Goldfinch, without any of the "baggage" of the Vetus Ordo handle. It is amazing that over 10 years on, you remembered the April Fools' "joke" he played. I had forgotten about it, and due to Tracy's incompetent mismanagement of Fisheaters, hundreds of thousands of posts are now gone forever.

As "Goldfinch," Vetus could make posts referencing what his "wife" said about the Blessed Mother, for example. This would enable him to avoid uncomfortable, probing questions, which Vetus and "Fleur" have refused to answer.

Those two can raise faux outrage, have their buddies defend them, even raise the specter of legal action against the Forum and its owner, but it is all of their own doing.

That nagging feeling will always be there. They will always know that @Kaesekopf and I have publicized where, when, and how we were validly and sacramentally married in the Roman Catholic Church. We don't have to create sock puppet accounts to talk about our wives without inviting uncomfortable questions.

I've been in the trad forum world for damn near 20 years, going back to WebsiteToolBox era of FE, Angelqueen, etc. I've seen it all.

If anything I have stated is wrong, he can contact me or post his side.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Melkite

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 16, 2023, 09:51:48 AMMe
DevotedKnuckles
Mith
Penelope
Walty

Wait, isn't Walty Kaesekopf?

I also liked DK, Mithrandylan and Verena.  Scipio and Underdog are awesome, great people.  I wonder how they're doing.

Formerbuddhist.  I don't know if he ever posted here, but he was on FE before the Great Schism.

And there's one that everyone seemed to love, he had a great sense of humor and a fake inability to spell...Icecream!

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

drummerboy

I noticed coffeeandcigarette has been gone for some time
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

The Curt Jester

Ever since SD banned smoking...
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Gardener

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 16, 2023, 01:24:44 PMGardener needs to start posting again - he was always so level-headed and logical.

Heinrich might disagree.  :rofl:
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 16, 2023, 01:38:28 PMI want dellery back too - went toe-to-toe with him sometimes but as time went on I realized he was a lot more sincere than I gave him credit for.

I take this back.

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

moneil

I was happy to hear that Chestertonian is okay, I was worried by not having seen him post recently.

DevotedKnuckles.

The Harlequin King.

In the early days of the forum there was a Basilios from South Africa.  I believe he was discerning a religious vocation, perhaps to the monastic life(?).  I've wondered how he is doing.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: moneil on September 22, 2023, 09:36:33 PMI was happy to hear that Chestertonian is okay, I was worried by not having seen him post recently.

DevotedKnuckles.

The Harlequin King.

In the early days of the forum there was a Basilios from South Africa.  I believe he was discerning a religious vocation, perhaps to the monastic life(?).  I've wondered how he is doing.

I talked to Basilios for about 2 years after he left, last I heard he was still in the monastery

- MaximGun

dymphna17

+++  +++   

Prayers for the Forum members and those who have left.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

TradGranny

To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Miriam_M

MundaCorMeum
INPEFESS
bigbadtrad
ABlaine
Archer

Spera In Deo

I miss Devoted Knuckles
VerenaErin
Harlequin King
INPEFESS
Scipio
UnderDog
Iolanthe and her sister

I remember when Kaesekopf was College Catholic.

I miss Tim and Lazlo.  May they rest in peace.

I have had several names on both Forums.  One KK allowed me to have a 2nd account due to goings on with my divorce 10 years ago anf my ex was cyberstalking me.

I started of on FE as SearchingCatholic.  My ex didn't like what I was posting there and with Quis and Vox's permission, I became MaterLaeta.  He watched everything I posted, even before the divorce.

I came here as Joyful Mother, thinking my ex didn't know about this place and he stalked me here as well.  KK was able to help me with some issues that way and I created the account SperaInDeo and have stayed that ever since.
"What Catholics once were, we are. If we are wrong, then Catholics through the ages have been wrong.
We are what you once were. We believe what you once believed.
We worship as you once worshipped. If we are wrong now, you were wrong then. If you were right then, we are right now".

Robert DePiante

dellery

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 21, 2023, 12:07:42 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 16, 2023, 01:38:28 PMI want dellery back too - went toe-to-toe with him sometimes but as time went on I realized he was a lot more sincere than I gave him credit for.

I take this back.

Haha! Fear not sissies, I travel again tomorrow. Your feelings should have time to recover.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.