Goodbye

Started by Vox Clara, December 15, 2022, 09:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Those are good points, Vetus. Deception has insinuated itself here, too. Same people, different names, recreating personalities. Gets old.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The Curt Jester

Quote from: Goldfinch on December 18, 2022, 06:16:19 PM
Quote from: The Curt Jester on December 15, 2022, 11:22:43 AMOne person (quite typical on forums, really) calls into question an apparition and that turns the rest into swine, eh?

That is a complete misreading of my wife's point. She's concerned and upset about the treatment of holy things on the forum. It has become a banality to see them questioned and trampled underfoot by trolls or confused converts who quickly burn out. They keep popping up left and right around here, often unchallenged. We've had many attacks over the past months, including a vile attack on the holy rosary that lasted for three full days until the scandal was so overwhelming that something was finally done about it. I second Polymath's feelings. If we wanted to deal with liberal trolls, we'd be on a mainstream Novus Ordo forum where everything that is sacred in our faith, from dogmas to simple devotions, is questioned under the pretense of intellectual inquiry. Faith is not a mere intellectual exercise, it's a living experience that forms our character, our sensibilities and our attitudes. Our Catholic ethos is in danger when we tolerate and grow accustomed to an attitude of irreverence towards holy things, no matter how small they might be.

Context helps, so thanks for clarification.

Please note that over the years, "Goodbye" threads have been laced with insults, blanket-statements, and everything in between.  For instance, in the past couple years we have had (in so many words):

1. I hope many of you get sick and die.
2. You people aren't real Catholics.
3. Protestants are more Catholic than most people here
4. You are a bunch of weakling idiots.
5. None of you spend enough time defending me from other posters

One gets rather jaded of Goodbye posts that make statements which can be construed to mean a chunk of the forum population.  Your wife's post indicated one thread in which one person was against O.L. of Guadalupe (which is highly offensive to a Taco-bender like myself) and a good number of people opposing that person.  There was no mention of other people or instances.  So did that mean that many of us got lumped in via association (or because we didn't jump in that particular thread to take sides?).  Given the past, it's really hard to tell and not a far stretch of the imagination that the latter could have happened.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Bonaventure

Quote from: The Curt Jester on December 15, 2022, 11:22:43 AMHm.

One person (quite typical on forums, really) calls into question an apparition and that turns the rest into swine, eh?

Quaint.

Quaint, and also:

Phony

Duplicitous

Reeking of false sanctimony.

We have proof that the Vetus Ordo, Goldfinch, Vox Clara, and Fleur-de-Lys accounts all share the same meta data.

Yet, the individuals behind the aforementioned accounts have:

1. Created drama on this forum, accusing those who have pointed out their irregular situation, that they willingly and publicly revealed, as slanderers, busybodies, nosy, uncharitable, etc.

2. Violated forum rules to create 2 new accounts to openly discuss their "married" life.

If y'all want to star in your own episode of the Maury show, be my guest. But, don't be sanctimonious about it.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

Quote from: Goldfinch on December 18, 2022, 06:16:19 PMOur Catholic ethos is in danger when we tolerate and grow accustomed to an attitude of irreverence towards holy things, no matter how small they might be.

What about an irreverence towards marriage and the family? Publicly posting that one has a spouse and children, and then publicly posting that one is now "married" to another individual?

Deception?

Does that put Catholic ethos in danger?
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

Quote from: Heinrich on December 18, 2022, 07:10:00 PMThose are good points, Vetus. Deception has insinuated itself here, too. Same people, different names, recreating personalities. Gets old.

Brother I'm amazed at your ability to sniff out BS. I salute you!!!

Baylee

This is all so sad and pathetic at the same time. I know I will vet out people before I start PMig them though.

diaduit

In all fairness, most of us here knew these were the same people and as for them being married, it was a bit of a fun mystery, are they aren't they!!!
Vox Clara was posting daily with Saints and Feast days which were an excellent start to the day, I would love to see her back.

I've seen way more sanctimonious finger wagging from other quarters who didn't get any sort of a ban or short term ban...calling us effing killers and doesn't get so much as rap on the knuckles.

Granted double accounts is a rule breaker so do as you wish.

dellery

Quote from: The Curt Jester on December 18, 2022, 07:10:53 PMPlease note that over the years, "Goodbye" threads have been laced with insults, blanket-statements, and everything in between.  For instance, in the past couple years we have had (in so many words):

1. I hope many of you get sick and die.
2. You people aren't real Catholics.
3. Protestants are more Catholic than most people here
4. You are a bunch of weakling idiots.
5. None of you spend enough time defending me from other posters

Pretty sure I'm guilty of #2-#4, especially #4, but to be fair here, I think that about most people.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Bonaventure

Quote from: diaduit on August 30, 2023, 03:10:41 PMas for them being married, it was a bit of a fun mystery, are they aren't they!!!

If you consider someone publicly posting that she is married, with children, then suddenly giving the appearance of being with/married to another man as a "bit of a fun mystery," I don't know what to tell you.

QuoteI've seen way more sanctimonious finger wagging from other quarters who didn't get any sort of a ban or short term ban...calling us effing killers and doesn't get so much as rap on the knuckles.

You don't know all that goes on.

diaduit

Well sure I'll leave it a that so.

Bonaventure

Quote from: diaduit on August 30, 2023, 04:03:43 PMWell sure I'll leave it a that so.

I respect you a lot as a poster.

It disheartened me to see you equate an instance of lack of charity with, at the very least, the perception of cohabitation/remarriage, with kids being involved. Over the course of two years. At worst, actual adultery. Combined with phony sanctimony and name calling when anyone pointed this out.

Why oppose Bergoglio at all then?

Trust me, I know about lack of charity and this forum. Days after my wife suffered a miscarriage, a user perhaps it was a good thing, simply because I opposed Hillary Clinton in 2016.

As I told @Kaesekopf earlier today, I am personally angered that Vetus Ordo used the what if someone said that about your wife line. I know the owner's wife, and attended the nuptial Mass...

You don't see that as your bias/dislike affecting your judgment?

diaduit

Well as you say, I don't know all that goes on so that is why I said 'sure we will leave it at that'(which means I accept I don't know everything so I will step back from this).

As I told @Kaesekopf earlier today, I am personally angered that Vetus Ordo used the what if someone said that about your wife line. I know the owner's wife,- I have no clue what this is in relation to so again, I would say I will leave it at that.

I was angered at the comments that were stated by one poster here in relation to the sudden death of my father  who thankfully got the Last rites but I wasn't allowed to be there to say goodbye to him and suffered a crushing loneliness for weeks up to and after Christmas because of stupid covid scam that kept people from calling , the comments were to the tune of 'your fault you didn't get him vaccinated' and again nothing done or even a rap on the knuckles. 

I just don't know if its a good idea to re hashing these old threads and sore points, for me I thought it was Fleur and Vito didn't admit to being married and then did a little flirting on this forum so left us wondering about whether they were married or not, I don't think they intended give the impression of adultery, more game of are they aren't they but I am happy to defer to the mods, really thats all.

Edit to add, of course I can suffer with bad judgement when done through a bias.  Mea Culpa .

awkward customer

Quote from: diaduit on August 30, 2023, 04:42:19 PMI was angered at the comments that were stated by one poster here in relation to the sudden death of my father  who thankfully got the Last rites but I wasn't allowed to be there to say goodbye to him and suffered a crushing loneliness for weeks up to and after Christmas because of stupid covid scam that kept people from calling , the comments were to the tune of 'your fault you didn't get him vaccinated' and again nothing done or even a rap on the knuckles. 

I am truly sorry this happened to you. 

Sorry for your loss.

Bonaventure

Quote from: awkward customer on August 30, 2023, 05:14:09 PM
Quote from: diaduit on August 30, 2023, 04:42:19 PMI was angered at the comments that were stated by one poster here in relation to the sudden death of my father  who thankfully got the Last rites but I wasn't allowed to be there to say goodbye to him and suffered a crushing loneliness for weeks up to and after Christmas because of stupid covid scam that kept people from calling , the comments were to the tune of 'your fault you didn't get him vaccinated' and again nothing done or even a rap on the knuckles. 

Sorry for your loss.

I am sorry that that happened.

I will remember his soul in my intentions.

If I were actively moderating at that time there would've been a ban, I can promise you.

awkward customer

Quote from: Bonaventure on August 30, 2023, 06:23:11 PM
Quote from: awkward customer on August 30, 2023, 05:14:09 PM

Sorry for your loss.

I am sorry that that happened.

I will remember his soul in my intentions.

If I were actively moderating at that time there would've been a ban, I can promise you.

What about the poster who said the following to you, Bonaventure?  I've just noticed it.

QuoteDays after my wife suffered a miscarriage, a user perhaps it was a good thing, simply because I opposed Hillary Clinton in 2016

That's awful.

As before, I'm truly sorry this was said to you.

Maybe SD should have a 'rogue's gallery' of awful comments like these.  Although it could get vindictive, so maybe not.