Käsekopf

Started by Heinrich, May 07, 2019, 06:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Wilson

How was the Seminary?
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 27, 2019, 05:56:02 PM
How was the Seminary?

We had a Pope Francis symposium.

So, pretty gay.

Positive side?  I was able to attend daily TLM like 3 to 4 days a week (oftentimes more, oftentimes literally every day), and somehow came out *more* traddy than I was when I entered (which, I still think was pretty traddy).
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Tales

Courting, not dating.  We're all invited when the time comes, right?     :cheeseheadbeer:

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on May 27, 2019, 06:41:55 PM
Courting, not dating.  We're all invited when the time comes, right?     :cheeseheadbeer:

Same difference, in my world.

And, uh, probably?  :lol:  At least to the wedding, for sure.  The reception, no idea.  :lol:  ;)  :P
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 27, 2019, 05:51:15 PM
Quote from: Gardener on May 13, 2019, 07:50:51 PM
No clue on Penelope. Bonaventure moved back to Cali and is busy I believe. LouisIX finished his PhD in Systematic Theology and got a job as a professor, and is of course busy with that along with his family.

Penelope is doing motherly things for her... 3 kids (I think it's 3?).  LouisIX, you're right about.  Bona is back to Cali and busy with his wife and work stuff.

Me?  I entered my home Archdiocese's Seminary in 2017 (woefully optimistic me!).  I left in December 2018 (1.5 years or so).  Now, I'm dating a wonderful TLM gal and working. 

Which explains most of my absence these last few years.  :O

I'm attempting to carve more time out for this place, we'll see how it goes?  :)
wait I thought you were going to be a Dominican friar .. then we'd have to call you Kaese-dogg (get it?  Because you'd be one of God's hounds?)
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Non Nobis

Käsekopf -

:) So happy to see you here again!

Maybe the wonderful TLM gal (or another?) was in God's sights for you all along and He has just been getting both of you ready! Having seriously tested a possible vocation to the priesthood is no little accomplishment for a Catholic man who is trying to live his faith. I can see how this would attract good Catholic gals!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Heinrich

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 27, 2019, 11:18:59 PM
Quote from: Gardener on May 13, 2019, 07:50:51 PM
No clue on Penelope. Bonaventure moved back to Cali and is busy I believe. LouisIX finished his PhD in Systematic Theology and got a job as a professor, and is of course busy with that along with his family.

Penelope is doing motherly things for her... 3 kids (I think it's 3?).  LouisIX, you're right about.  Bona is back to Cali and busy with his wife and work stuff.

Me?  I entered my home Archdiocese's Seminary in 2017 (woefully optimistic me!).  I left in December 2018 (1.5 years or so).  Now, I'm dating a wonderful TLM gal and working. 

Which explains most of my absence these last few years.  :O

I'm attempting to carve more time out for this place, we'll see how it goes?  :)
wait I thought you were going to be a Dominican friar .. then we'd have to call you Kaese-dogg (get it?  Because you'd be one of God's hounds?)

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

ImperialGuardsman

Nice!  God rewards those who actually try to discern His call.
"One would be straying from the straight path were he to wish the altar restored to its primitive tableform; were he to want black excluded as a color for the liturgical vestments; were he to forbid the use of sacred images and statues in Churches...and lastly were he to disdain and reject polyphonic music or singing in parts, even where it conforms to regulations issued by the Holy See." - Ven. Pope Pius XII

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--  (Stolen from EcceQuamBonum's signature)

America, that great bastion of the Enlightenment, is the destroyer of all religions.--LouisIX

Kephapaulos

May God bless you and your girlfriend, Kaesekopf! I'm happy for you. :D

Bonaventure

Quote from: Francisco Suárez on May 14, 2019, 12:15:17 PMBonaventure has been posting on FE

Incorrect.

Quote from: Heinrich on May 14, 2019, 08:04:18 AM
Quote from: Jacob on May 13, 2019, 08:35:11 PMDidn't Penelope have a baby to add to the family too?
I will try contact Bonaventure via Linkedin. I kinda figured that he would not like Phoenix after having grown up in San Francisco himself.

What happened in Phoenix was I was fired no notice by a New Church HS for giving a lesson condemning abortion. I then got rehired at a school, and got a better job back home.

Quote from: Gardener on May 13, 2019, 07:50:51 PMNo clue on Penelope. Bonaventure moved back to Cali and is busy I believe.

Bona is back to Cali and busy with his wife and work stuff.

Correct.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Heinrich

Yeah, I remember that. You really liked your students but were suspicious of the school's hidden ethos.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Heinrich on January 17, 2023, 07:13:37 PMYeah, I remember that. You really liked your students but were suspicious of the school's hidden ethos.

Ended up being a blessing in disguise looking back 7 years later.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."