Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melkor

Undisputed III. Scott Adkins is incredible.

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MaximGun

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: Maximilian on October 24, 2021, 10:10:39 PM
Dune

Epic greatness. This is what a movie should be. Captures the book without bogging down in minutiae that is better left to be read in the book. It's worth paying for tickets to see it on the big screen.

Content warning: None.

Not a single swear word. No nudity. Almost one kiss in a dream sequence, but then it doesn't actually happen.

This is not a kid's movie, due to "adult themes," fantasy elements and violence. The rating of PG-13 is probably just about right.

Explanation: This movie is the first half of the book. A Part 2 is in production.
Thanks- one oF my kids saw it in the theater and absolutely loved it.  I was worried.  :pray3:

maryslittlegarden

Sons of Liberty and Johnny Tremain are on the schedule for this weekend. :) :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Christina_S

Looking for suggestions for this weekend!

Perhaps, if I imbibe enough wine, I can endure watching The Nutty Professor at my beloved husband's request. Good thing I bought 2 bottles.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Christina_S on October 30, 2021, 09:16:34 AM
Looking for suggestions for this weekend!

Perhaps, if I imbibe enough wine, I can endure watching The Nutty Professor at my beloved husband's request. Good thing I bought 2 bottles.

Gladiator
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Bernadette

Children of Heaven, by Majid Majidi. One of my absolute favorites. I first saw it in college up North. There was supposed to be a discussion afterwards, but I skipped that.
My Lord and my God.

Philip G.

I just watched Ride Clear of Diablo for the first time, and it was darn good.  The character and acting of the criminal whitey kinkaid was a treat.

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Bernadette

Grave of the Fireflies. Subtitled, not dubbesd.
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

Halfway through the new James Bond No Time To Die.

Heck of a lot of 'revelation of the method' it feels like
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Heinrich

The Marksman with Liam Nelson. Not bad, but it made me agitated and I felt like I wasted myntime. Probably the last Hollywood movie I'll watch.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bernadette

Wolf Children. I found it on archive.org. Dubbed, but better than nothing.
My Lord and my God.

Heinrich

Quote from: Bernadette on November 21, 2021, 03:55:19 PM
Wolf Children. I found it on archive.org. Dubbed, but better than nothing.

Is it in German?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.