interesting purchase you made recently?

Started by diaduit, May 22, 2021, 03:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dueSicilie

Quote from: drummerboy on March 29, 2024, 10:26:47 AMhttps://grainmaker.com/products/grainmaker-grain-mill-model-no-35/

They call it a beginner model, but I've tried my brother's and this thing eats grain like nothing.  I can order bulk organic rye and spelt from the local natural food store, so I'll be set for making lots of delicious nutritious bread, the kind folks used to live off. 

I also get organic whole oat groats and run them through my coffee mill for oatmeal.  This makes the best oatmeal ever, doesn't need much sweetener as it already has a pleasant nutty flavor.

Hmm...I wonder how a little oat dust might make coffee taste. Could be interesting

drummerboy

I don't use it for coffee anymore, I'm a quitter  ;)
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

My Highland Mary fell through. Flaky seller. :( So I bought this beauty instead. 34" on an antique, printed, factory-made body. She has such a sweet, pleasant, natural expression. I'm going to put her on a different body and sell the one she's on. Should get a decent price for it, since it's so big. So I'm ahead of the game.

Also The Letters of St. Teresa, translated by E. Allison Peers. I was thrilled to find them in excellent condition. Now my Complete Works really are complete. :)

My Lord and my God.

Mushroom

Quote from: Mushroom on April 06, 2024, 08:41:02 AMPut in a deposit for a Great Pyrenees puppy. Will be getting her in a little more than a week. We wanted something to protect our property from trespassers and guard the chickens and future animals from predators. Might get a second one in a few years. We've never had dogs growing up so this kind of a big deal.

Got the puppy today, she's pretty homesick though but she did get to see our chickens.

You cannot view this attachment.

Bernadette

The doll of my dreams! Huge restored 28" composition and cloth baby with bent legs. I'll put her away for my birthday in September.

My Lord and my God.

Greg

Tarmac sealant and colouring.

Lot of prep work but looks fantastic afterwards.  Almost as good as new tarmac
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

LausTibiChriste

Going to the icon store tomorrow

Wish my bank account luck
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

epoxy clay to repair an old china doll head.
My Lord and my God.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Melkor

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Greg

Miele dishwasher.  Full working order for 5 pounds.

They are about 800 quid new.

Found it on ebay.  Man wanted 50 quid, did not sell because he was in the sticks most likely.  Wrote and offered 30 quid.  He said have it for free because he thought it had a drain issue and just wanted shot of it.  I paid 5 quid in order to get his address without being banned from ebay.

There was nothing wrong with the drain that backflushing the sump did not clear.

Did require me to take a 2 hour drive through Kent to pick it up.  He lived on farm overlooking Bewl Water.  Lovely drive.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

I got a set of driveway gates for free, chopped out the rotten 30% and made decent joinery for the parts I spliced in.  Then made central gate 3 feet wide which means pedestrians can come and go without opening big gate.  Cost was 100 in brand new timber, 40 quid in paint and 30 quid in pun hinges (needed 4), all other hardware was on the gates and I wire brushed, etch primer and painted them silver.  Massive hinges I will paint in silver too.

Set of gates like this made would be 3000 to 4000 dollars, just delivered not fitted.

Only concern is fingers getting trapped between the small gate and the larger gate it is hinged off.  Need to devise a safety guard