Evolution vs Creation

Started by Philip G., January 18, 2020, 02:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip G.

Here is a video I recently saw, and I have a thought about it. 

As for the one example of a change of kind, how is it that sperm fertilizing an egg is not an example?  A sperm is not a boy.  An egg is not a girl.  It is when the sperm fertilizes the egg that "new life" is conceived.  This is what we as catholics believe. 

Another interesting thing is that even if this is the example, the evolutionist/athiest could never accept/confess it.  It ultimately entails a denial of likely everything else they believe.   It is almost as if the most important non religious(remember this is scientific/observable and repeatable) belief of mankind be that life begins at conception. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Daniel

Quote from: Philip G. on January 18, 2020, 02:28:22 PM
As for the one example of a change of kind, how is it that sperm fertilizing an egg is not an example?  A sperm is not a boy.  An egg is not a girl.  It is when the sperm fertilizes the egg that "new life" is conceived.  This is what we as catholics believe. 

The "new life" isn't a new kind though. Humans have existed for at least as long as human eggs and human sperms have existed, and a new human is only a new human, not a new kind of organism.
(It's also worth pointing out that eggs and sperms are kinds of cells, not kinds of organisms. So I think there could be some equivocation going on.)

Philip G.

You pointing out that sperm is a cell not a organism it seems is the important point. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12