So Tiri

Started by Ancilla Domini, March 11, 2014, 01:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancilla Domini

Especially for you, Landless Laborer!  :P

So Tiri - Tha Sou Paro Baklava

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxHf5JgQLnc[/yt]

Ancilla Domini

A Greek guy singing about Greek food, it just doesn't get much better than that.  :)

So Tiri - Avgolemono

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIH9cTsc7JA[/yt]

Ancilla Domini

Landless Laborer

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on March 11, 2014, 01:39:21 PM
Especially for you, Landless Laborer!  :P

Eh hem, that's His Landless Laborship, please. 

That guy at the end of the first video?  I recognize him.  Mr. Panos.   He made a hilarious video on youtube a couple of years ago called Financial "Crisis" in Greece.  I'm not going to post the link though, language is too crude....nevertheless,  the Greeks feel almost as strongly toward the Germans as the do toward the Turks, and this Mr. Panos perfectly portrays the stereotypical Greek. 

That woman in the first vid is a little scary.  Here is my favorite Greek tune.  It is our theme on our Greek Festival page.
http://www.boisegreekfestival.com/Home_Page.html

Landless Laborer

There's one of my girls, the tall one at the end....she dances, i cook.   

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Landless Laborer on March 15, 2014, 10:23:46 AM
That guy at the end of the first video?  I recognize him.  Mr. Panos.   He made a hilarious video on youtube a couple of years ago called Financial "Crisis" in Greece.  I'm not going to post the link though, language is too crude....nevertheless,  the Greeks feel almost as strongly toward the Germans as the do toward the Turks, and this Mr. Panos perfectly portrays the stereotypical Greek.

Yes, I love Mr. Panos. I might post one of his videos in the Hellenophile thread. Some of them are family-friendly.  :) 

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Landless Laborer on March 15, 2014, 10:23:46 AM
That woman in the first vid is a little scary.

She likes her baklava.  :)

I suspect that's actually Makro Yianni. Shhh!

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Landless Laborer on March 15, 2014, 10:23:46 AMHere is my favorite Greek tune.  It is our theme on our Greek Festival page.

Quote from: Landless Laborer on March 15, 2014, 10:36:33 AM

Nice!  :)

You cook Greek food, Landless?

Landless Laborer

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on March 15, 2014, 11:58:44 AM
Quote from: Landless Laborer on March 15, 2014, 10:23:46 AMHere is my favorite Greek tune.  It is our theme on our Greek Festival page.

Quote from: Landless Laborer on March 15, 2014, 10:36:33 AM

Nice!  :)

What do you think we do at church?  We cook and eat.  The Greeks invented cooking.  Hahaha.  Kidding, but not too much. 

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Landless Laborer on March 15, 2014, 12:53:28 PM
What do you think we do at church?  We cook and eat.

Oh, I know. I've been to Greek churches many times. I have yet to see a Divine Liturgy though. All we ever did was dance and eat souvlaki. Wait, that's not the liturgy, is it?   :)

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Landless Laborer on March 15, 2014, 12:53:28 PMThe Greeks invented cooking.  Hahaha.  Kidding, but not too much.

No, it's true. I figured this out a long time ago. See, the French got it from the Italians, but the Italians got it from the Greeks.  :)

Ancilla Domini

What do you think we do at church?  We cook and eat.  The Greeks invented cooking.  Hahaha.  Kidding, but not too much.

You'll have to tell me what your specialities are.

Ancilla Domini

Ah, but we should probably move this discussion of Greek food over to the Hellenophiles thread.

Landless Laborer

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on March 15, 2014, 02:02:25 PM
What do you think we do at church?  We cook and eat.

Oh, I know. I've been to Greek churches many times. I have yet to see a Divine Liturgy though. All we ever did was dance and eat souvlaki. Wait, that's not the liturgy, is it?   :)
Haha!  No, they are very serious about liturgy.  But certainly, the weekly obligation is hardly a chore!  It's a pleasure, a time of communion with God, and with each other...it's the highlight of the week, for sure. 
You know becoming Catholic was hard for me.  I love the Greeks.  It's a shame you don't live closer, i would invite you as a guest.  I have a feeling you would love this little parish's liturgy, even though i suppose it is not as polished as a larger, big city type parish.  (Before i'm scourged at a post, for a post, i'll stop right there...it was just wishful thinking.)

Anyway, God in his mercy, while solving another problem, made things easier for me.  I received a special dispensation from my new Ukrainian Catholic priest, which allows me to assist at Roman mass at 8 am, and then to observe the byzantine liturgy at the Greek church at 10:30 (and of course have lunch with my old friends :)).  But there is a serious reason for this.  My youngest daughter dutifully followed me into the Orthodox faith, and it would be spiritually harmful to her, if i were to abandon her there.  She needs a little more time.   

Landless Laborer

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on March 15, 2014, 02:13:48 PM

You'll have to tell me what your specialities are.
Yes, indeed.  I'll put this over on the other thread....