Humility: Good or Bad?

Started by Probius, October 12, 2013, 08:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Probius

The fraudulent behavior of attending mass on a Sunday?  This is why people are leaving The Church in droves.  A man shows up on Sunday, and everyone treats him very well.  Everyone treats him like a god as long as he is the new guy.  Soon, though, he becomes a regular and more is expected of him.  He must believe the right things or people will talk about him behind his back and call him a 'heretic'.  It's not good enough that he be a Christian, he must be a Catholic.  It's not good enough that he be a Catholic, he must be a traditionalist.  It's not good enough that he be a traditionalist, he must be in the SSPX.  It's not good enough to be in the SSPX, he must be in the 'resistance'.  No one can agree, so The Church splinters into many churches.  Splinters splinter into other splinters, eventually it all begins to look like a tree, where each branch branches into more branches.  Good people get pushed out of The Church because they don't believe just right, and The Church will not tolerate dissenters.
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection." - The Buddha

"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - Carl Jung

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on May 24, 2014, 05:37:10 PM
The fraudulent behavior of attending mass on a Sunday?  This is why people are leaving The Church in droves.  A man shows up on Sunday, and everyone treats him very well.  Everyone treats him like a god as long as he is the new guy.  Soon, though, he becomes a regular and more is expected of him.  He must believe the right things or people will talk about him behind his back and call him a 'heretic'.  It's not good enough that he be a Christian, he must be a Catholic.  It's not good enough that he be a Catholic, he must be a traditionalist.  It's not good enough that he be a traditionalist, he must be in the SSPX.  It's not good enough to be in the SSPX, he must be in the 'resistance'.  No one can agree, so The Church splinters into many churches.  Splinters splinter into other splinters, eventually it all begins to look like a tree, where each branch branches into more branches.  Good people get pushed out of The Church because they don't believe just right, and The Church will not tolerate dissenters.
your the one who called your grandmother a fraud...not me.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Probius

I did no such thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection." - The Buddha

"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - Carl Jung

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on May 24, 2014, 07:22:46 PM
I did no such thing.

let me refresh your memory:

you wrote QUOTE:
I don't think she believes in God either.  She has said she doesn't care what the pope says, she rejects all Catholic dogmas, she is super Novus Ordo, and she almost never speaks about religion, and when she does it is to criticize The Church.  She has told me that she wants married priests and women priests.  She expects the mass to last exactly one hour, and complains if it goes over by a few minutes.  She once said it was 'ridiculous' when the mass went 8 minutes over.  I'm pretty sure she is a deist at most, and maybe even an atheist.
That is the definition of a fraud.

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Probius

I never used the word fraud.  She goes to mass and she probably doesn't believe in God, who cares?

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on May 24, 2014, 07:28:59 PM
I never used the word fraud.  She goes to mass and she probably doesn't believe in God, who cares?

what would you call a politician who gets elected and goes to washington but doesnt belive in the constitution (I know all of them  ;D) but the point is made.

911!

Probius

The point is not even close to being made.  The politician will make laws that harm millions of Americans, my grandmother harms no one.  What difference does it make if an atheist wants to engage in a religious ritual?  The atheist hurts no one.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on May 24, 2014, 07:38:03 PM
The point is not even close to being made.  The politician will make laws that harm millions of Americans, my grandmother harms no one.  What difference does it make if an atheist wants to engage in a religious ritual?  The atheist hurts no one.
except herself and apparently you.

911!

Probius

Would she not harm herself if she just stayed at home?

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on May 24, 2014, 07:50:52 PM
It would be less damaging.

911!

Probius

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 24, 2014, 08:36:24 PM

How?  What damage is being done?

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on May 24, 2014, 08:37:26 PM

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 24, 2014, 08:36:24 PM

How?  What damage is being done?

she is not adding the sins of sacrilege and blasphemy and showing a poor example to her grandson.....to her already mortally wounded soul. (assuming what you told us about her is true.)

911!

Probius

What I told you is true, she is basically a very liberal Protestant who continues to attend mass.  She even believes that there should be no pope, and that there is no difference between the priesthood of the people and the sacramental priesthood.  The one thing she does believe about Catholicism is that she cannot leave The Church.

So, she likes to go to mass, so what?  Is there really any difference between having these beliefs at home and at church?  How does she add to the sin of sacrilege and blasphemy?

zork

Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on May 24, 2014, 08:51:08 PM
What I told you is true, she is basically a very liberal Protestant who continues to attend mass.  She even believes that there should be no pope, and that there is no difference between the priesthood of the people and the sacramental priesthood.  The one thing she does believe about Catholicism is that she cannot leave The Church.

So, she likes to go to mass, so what?  Is there really any difference between having these beliefs at home and at church?  How does she add to the sin of sacrilege and blasphemy?

If she isn't there to worship her Creator (and actually doesn't believe in Him at all), then she has no business being there. That is how she blasphemes God.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Probius

Well, she might believe in God, I don't know.  I still attend, however.  How am I blaspheming God by attending mass?  I'm not speaking I'll of him.  Isn't that what blasphemy is?