Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

The Sounding. About a woman silent since her childhood. When she began to speak it was only in phrases from Shakespeare. She wound up being institutionalized. Thought provoking.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

Tears of the Sun with Bruce Willis. Mawkish.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

martin88nyc

Quote from: red solo cup on July 17, 2017, 12:50:34 PM
I saw this one about 15 years ago.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Heinrich

Quote from: red solo cup on July 17, 2017, 12:50:34 PM

Yeah. It can be hit or miss with Bruce.

Watched Get the Gringo. Part of me feels dirty for watching it due to the violence, drugs, sex, and language. But wow, what a good movie.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Kaesekopf

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Never seen it before.   It was pretty good.   Impressive filmmaking, at minimum.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Mono no aware

20th Century Women (2016)

Kaesekopf

Rogue one last night after work. 

Enjoyable.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

kayla_veronica

May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

RedCaves

War for the Planet of the Apes.

Can't wait for the next one! :)

Kephapaulos

It was not the last movie I saw, but the other day I saw a 1938 film called "The Beloved Brat," starring Bonita Granville. It was a well done film about a young rich girl neglected by her parents. It's pretty funny as well as sad, for she always ends up getting into trouble throughout the movie, while you feel sorry for her at the same time. The movie also shows how some families had the same kinds of problems like today.

martin88nyc

"Whiplash" - lots of vulgar language but overall a masterpiece.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

GeorgeT

Check out my Lives of the saints comics!

http://tautkusstudio.com/pb/wp_8bec74cf/wp_8bec74cf.html

martin88nyc

I have also been watching lots of gangster and detective movies lately.
"Gangster Squad" based on the life of a notorious gangster Mickey Cohen.