Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

Quote from: Hat And Beard on March 22, 2017, 04:47:11 PM
Quote from: martin88nyc on March 22, 2017, 09:24:08 AM
you may not like some of them but  ;)

Have you and your friend seen The Conversation? We watched it in my film class and I think it's right up your alley(s).
The Conversation is also on the way, forgot to mention it  :)
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

LouisIX

The Conversation is a fantastic film.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

martin88nyc

Quote from: LouisIX on March 22, 2017, 06:01:03 PM
I now see that my friend next door has a really good taste for movies.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Bernadette

Quote from: martin88nyc on March 22, 2017, 08:30:20 PM
That the tea guy?
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Bernadette on March 22, 2017, 09:37:17 PM
Quote from: martin88nyc on March 22, 2017, 08:30:20 PM
That the tea guy?
yup.

Hat And Beard

Surprisingly good. There's a scene where the other priest gets yelled at that I liked.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Hat And Beard on March 24, 2017, 04:11:15 PM

Surprisingly good. There's a scene where the other priest gets yelled at that I liked.
I cannot see the pic could you tell me what movies you are writing about./

Hat And Beard

Calvary is the movie. It's not even showing up for me in the original anymore lol

Lynne

Quote from: martin88nyc on March 22, 2017, 09:41:27 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 22, 2017, 09:28:02 AM
Quote from: martin88nyc on March 22, 2017, 09:24:08 AM
you may not like some of them but  ;)
Shaft (1971)
Dog Day Afternoon
Twilight Zone: The Complete Series
Young Frankenstein
American Graffiti
Touch of Evil
Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection
On the Waterfront
All About Eve
The Bela Lugosi Collection
The French Connection
Strangers on a Train
The Revenant -
Lol. I've only ever heard of Strangers on a Train, and only because of the Castle episode, in which it served as the inspiration for a murder.
I never liked old classic cinema, but ever since reversion to catholic faith my taste for movies has matured.  :)

All About Eve is great.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Hat And Beard

I finally saw Doubt. The movie came out long enough ago that I won't bother with the spoiler font.

I'm torn between two minds on the subject. Either A) Fr. Flynn is gay and that's what he thought Sister Aloysius was insinuating about the phone call to the nun at his previous parish(and he left because he had an impropriety with another man, but has repented) or B) Fr. Flynn simply told Donald that he thought it was alright to be gay in the rectory and doesn't think it's a sin, and is afraid of the backlash that would accompany this getting out in 1964. I don't think Fr. Flynn molested Donald, though.

misericonfit

The last complete film I watched is "Yonggary", on Youtube.
Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; to Thee I give it all back and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone, with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.

- St Ignatius Loyola.

Clare

The Passion of the Christ
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Bernadette

I'm watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (finally). I just love watching the actors eat all of that delicious-looking candy. And Gene Wilder. Such a sweetheart. :)

Edit: Holy moley, it's an allegory for the spiritual life!  :eek: :swoon:

Lol! One of Wonka's combinations is the Ivory Soap slogan!  :tinfoil:
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Now it's Mary Poppins. It's been too long! :) This one's about pulling the mote out of one's own eye, and thus finding happiness all around oneself. ;) Mind-power.  8)

Mary Poppins is so understanding of human nature.  :beer:

There's so much virtue here.  ;D Mrs. Banks is Mrs. Jellyby, and Mr. Banks is Mr. Dombey. And Mary Poppins? :)  :grin:

It's about the parents embracing their primary vocation as parents, the one on which they will be judged by God, Himself. Astounding.
My Lord and my God.