Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Russians just try to perfect everything, don't they?  So, are you going to ride the Pope's plane with the hopes that he'll marry you at 30,000 ft?  :lol:  You finally found your East-European bride!  That is awesome, Laus!!  I pray you all will be able to celebrate your 60th wedding anniversary surrounded by so many grandchildren and great grandchildren you won't be able to count them all and will still only have eyes for your beautiful bride.   :pray3:

On the "Bought anything interesting" front, we bought these in Kansas City night before last;   Now I just have to find a coffee table to go with them.  Oh, and lamps, and if I change these things, I'll need new chairs, a couch to go with the chairs, carpeting to tie it all together, wall paint, I mean, come on, if you are going to go that far, you just have to paint, and last but not least curtains for that little piece of accent...  You know how it is.   ;)  :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Kaesekopf

A st Anne statue. 

"Compassionate Blood", a book by Fr Cessario, OP on the passion of Our Lord, drawing from St Catherine of Siena

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

drummerboy

My first kettlebell!  Its only a 15#, more for my wife to use, but also for me, I'm not quite the strong farm boy I was a few years ago, and I need to start light anyway because my right shoulder feels goofy.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Gardener

Good on starting light. Better to work up than hurt yourself.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Prayerful

Missal 1868

Early 19th guide for how an Church of Ireland (Anglican) minister of religion was to visit the sick.

Interesting for me too was that a bicycle mechanic told me all that was wrong with the derailleur on my Trek Marlin mtb was some mal-adjustment, which he resolved. It impresses on me that I should make sure to schedule that I can do my own bike maintenance and to trust another bicycle shop less.

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Kaesekopf

I bought a 1940s travel-sized Missale Romanum for $1. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bonaventure

A serpentine drive belt. Which I replaced on the car.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Heinrich

Quote from: Bonaventure on February 28, 2018, 10:44:36 AM

Good job. I am going to do mine in just a few minutes -- at the shop!
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Quote from: Heinrich on March 01, 2018, 09:13:24 AM

If you want to learn Spanish, you need to use the immersion method: fix your own car. Chiclets not required.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Bonaventure

Quote from: Heinrich on March 01, 2018, 09:13:24 AM

A socket, a 12 mm head, 14 mm, pry bar, and some youtubing was all I needed. Saved $154 from the stealership!
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

ServusMariae

drummerboy

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071JH78WB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

No, I didn't convert to Islam lol.  Now that I work in a refrigerated warehouse driving forklift this guy comes in real handy.  Ordered one in sand color too for hunting.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Carleendiane

2012 Ford Super Duty diesel. Other truck was 1982, so a bit of a step up.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

A wig for my giant reproduction ball-jointed composition doll. This is the last thing she needs to be complete. :)
My Lord and my God.