Can you suggest bookmarks for draggo.com/aTradCatholic?

Started by Non Nobis, June 08, 2018, 07:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jovan66102

Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Lynne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on June 12, 2018, 12:14:32 AM
I could make a wiki editable by people and host it on sd.com.....  If that sounds appealing?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Yes!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

ServusMariae

I could make a wiki editable by people and host it on sd.com.....  If that sounds appealing?

Please do, Mr. Kaes! It'd be brilliant! :)

Serviam

With fear and trembling work out your salvation.

Non Nobis

Quote from: jovan66102 on June 11, 2018, 12:32:51 AM
I signed out of MyHq on my laptop, planning on creating an 'SD page' of bookmarks. I planned on sharing ID and PWD by PM with anyone who was interested. However, I found out that the site seems to have gone away. I've emailed the webmaster with no reply.

I was devastated! I've been using it for over a decade and I have hundreds of bookmarks on it. Tonight, laus Deo, I discovered that I'm still signed in on my phone and my Kindle, so I haven't lost all those bookmarks.

I will go through the Catholic ones over the next few weeks and post them so you can see if you already have them. I'm also going to look at draggo and see if it will work for what I want.

Losing 10 years of collecting bookmarks would be rather devastating! I'm glad they weren't lost. I'm sure you have a better collection than what I've thrown together so far.

I'm not comfortable with the web support for draggo either. I think I once had the same problem with the Captcha system... I'm not sure if I waited or worked around it. I have also had other problems with draggo that indicate some bad web programming.  But it has worked for my current needs, even if as a temporary measure while better things are being done (e.g. a SD wiki!)  (Note draggo lets you backup your bookmarks to your PC drive)

If you can post your Catholic links I will see if I can use them... Thanks.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Non Nobis

Quote from: jovan66102 on June 12, 2018, 12:11:04 AM
And it's still down. Anyone got any suggestions for a site that might actually work?

I wish I could remember how I got through  :P. But I did and it is working OK for me (whether it is sturdy enough for 10 years is another question). Can you access my page read-only?

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Non Nobis

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

With vision, technical know-how, and contributors to it it could work out great! It would be interesting to see it grow.

My personal draggo page obviously does not compete with that. (But maybe I at least re-inspired the idea of a wiki in your head?)

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Non Nobis

Quote from: Gardener on June 22, 2018, 02:37:01 PM
*cough cough*..

everything on here:

https://dhspriory.org/thomas/

Already there (well, 1 link):  Tab: Theology, Category: St. Thomas Aquinas, Link: Dhspriory Works of St. Thomas (https://dhspriory.org/thomas/en)

Also see "Srch dhspriory.org/thomas" in "Google Site Search" tab.  All it does is save a little typing - setting up a google "site:..." search on the whole site (as well as Google can manage it)

Of course I could have multiple links for multiple works...

I have not been working on these bookmarks just lately... they get more disorganized the further I go (I have my own private tab, so that's where it gets worst  :P)  I'll try to get back to it and add a few of suggested links.

I wish draggo didn't have that "captcha" problem when you try to create a new draggo user.  For the sake of openness I'll have to add that I also had a problem when using some rarely used feature, and somehow ended up unexpectedly on a web page outside of draggo that seemed to have virus-y behavior (fortunately page was easily closed).  So I don't mean to sell draggo to everyone. If you can't get past the "captcha" problem it won't matter!