Anglican mobile Breviary with an Ordinariate option

Started by martin88nyc, April 04, 2018, 01:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

PerEvangelicaDicta

home run, Martin!  I searched and searched re: your request for new/used, but the pickings are few.
Thank you for sharing this.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

martin88nyc

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on April 04, 2018, 01:37:36 PM
home run, Martin!  I searched and searched re: your request for new/used, but the pickings are few.
Thank you for sharing this.
but I don;t know if this is according to the traditional office or not.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

aquinas138

This is based on the Morning Prayer found originally in the Book of Common Prayer, which uses a 30-day psalter. It's a combination of elements of Lauds and Prime, just as Anglican Evening Prayer is a combo of elements of Vespers and Compline.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

martin88nyc

Quote from: aquinas138 on April 05, 2018, 12:12:43 PM
This is based on the Morning Prayer found originally in the Book of Common Prayer, which uses a 30-day psalter. It's a combination of elements of Lauds and Prime, just as Anglican Evening Prayer is a combo of elements of Vespers and Compline.
Cool. BTW (sorry for being "intrusive") :D Have you asked your wife about the AB.

aquinas138

Quote from: martin88nyc on April 05, 2018, 12:39:23 PM
Cool. BTW (sorry for being "intrusive") :D Have you asked your wife about the AB.

I'll ask later today.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

martin88nyc

martin88nyc

Quote from: aquinas138 on April 05, 2018, 01:18:39 PM
Quote from: martin88nyc on April 05, 2018, 12:39:23 PM

I'll ask later today.
Forgive my impatience. What did she say?