Inspirational Catholic Quotes

Started by Lumen Christi, November 20, 2017, 05:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumen Christi

What are some quotes from Catholics that inspire you?

I'll start with these:

"Love overcomes, love delights. Those who love the Sacred Heart rejoice." - St. Bernadette

"In simplicity is found perfection." - an FSSP priest (I'm not sure of his name)

"He [Jesus] loves us first, best, and always." - Fr. Michael Corcione OFM

"We know and we believe that the Lord Jesus has loved us and loves us with an eternal, merciful love, and therefore fills us with every gift of grace." - Pope St. John Paul II

"If you are who you should be, you will set the world on fire." - St. Catherine of Siena

ÆneasQuébécois

"A rich man is not one who has much, but he who gives much. For what he gives away, remains forever." ~ St. John Chrysostom

"Love your personal enemies, hate the enemies of Christ, destroy the enemies of the Fatherland." ~ St. Philaret of Moscow

"The issue is now clear. It is between light and darkness and everyone must choose his side." G.K. Chesterton
"True evangelical faith...cannot lay dormant; but manifests itself in all righteousness and works of love; it...clothes the naked; feeds the hungry; consoles the afflicted; shelters the miserable; aids and consoles all the oppressed; returns good for evil; serves those that injure it; prays for those that persecute it." ~ Menno Simons

Lumen Christi

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition were reduced to a handful, they would be the true Church of Jesus Christ." - St. Athanasius

abc123

'Wherefore brethren, let us plant ourselves upon the rock of faith and the Tradition of the Church, removing not the landmarks set by our holy fathers, nor giving room to those who are anxious to introduce novelties and to undermine the structure of God's holy, ecumenical and apostolic Church. For if everyone were allowed a free hand, little by little the entire Body of the Church would be destroyed.' - St. John of Damascus

Lumen Christi

"The contemplative is not one who discovers secrets no one knows, but one who is swept into ecstasy by what everyone knows." - A Carthusian

Livenotonevil

"Feast on wine or fast on water
And your honour shall stand sure,
God Almighty's son and daughter
He the valiant, she the pure;
If an angel out of heaven
Brings you other things to drink,
Thank him for his kind attentions,
Go and pour them down the sink."
- Father Gregory Hesse quoting G.K. Chesterton
May God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to be a Temple of the Holy Spirit.

ServusMariae

"Pray, hope & don't worry." - St. Padre Pio

"Mary is the safest, easiest, shortest and most perfect way of approaching Jesus."  - St. Louis Marie de Montfort.

"For Jesus Christ I am prepared to suffer still more." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Bonus: "The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." - Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

Bonus bonus: "Happy then, a thousand times happy, are the illustrious slaves of Jesus in Mary who wear their chains even to the grave." - St. Louis Marie de Montfort (for Total Consecration)

Serviam

"In light of heaven, the worst suffering on earth will be seen to be no more serious than one night in an inconvenient hotel."

St. Teresa of Ávila
With fear and trembling work out your salvation.

Lumen Christi

"A Christian does not strain after God the way one seeks a lost object, he merely becomes more and more aware of what he already possesses." - Mother Angelica

Irishcyclist

Quote"The souls in Purgatory repay the prayers that we say for them."

"When we pray for the souls in Purgatory we will always get something back."

"The souls in Purgatory pray for us."

Saint Padre Pio.

If I can add, every soul liberated from Purgatory through your prayers, that soul will always remember you (and your soul!).

Lumen Christi

"A servant of God ought always to be happy." - St. Philip Neri

Non Nobis

From Evelyn Waugh:

- "You have no idea how much nastier I would be if I was not a Catholic. Without supernatural aid I would hardly be a human being."

- "We all have to become saints before we get to heaven. That is what purgatory is for. And each individual has his own peculiar form of sanctity which he must achieve or perish. It is no good my saying: "I wish I were like Joan of Arc or St. John of the Cross." I can only be St. Evelyn Waugh-after God knows what experiences in purgatory."
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Lumen Christi

"Spiritual reading and mental prayer are as necessary for the life of the soul as daily food is for that of the body." - Dom Eugene Boylan

red solo cup

"Being a Christian is not for sissies. It takes a real man to live for God, a lot more man than to live for the devil". -Johnny Cash
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Stubborn

"While I have been on earth, I did everything that the Father asked of me. When I am in heaven, He will do everything I ask of Him." - St. Therese the little flower
Even after a long life of sin, if the Christian receives the Sacrament of the dying with the appropriate dispositions, he will go straight to heaven without having to go to purgatory. - Fr. M. Philipon; This sacrament prepares man for glory immediately, since it is given to those who are departing from this life. - St. Thomas Aquinas; It washes away the sins that remain to be atoned, and the vestiges of sin; it comforts and strengthens the soul of the sick person, arousing in him a great trust and confidence in the divine mercy. Thus strengthened, he bears the hardships and struggles of his illness more easily and resists the temptation of the devil and the heel of the deceiver more readily; and if it be advantageous to the welfare of his soul, he sometimes regains his bodily health. - Council of Trent