How to post pics and links?

Started by Kephapaulos, October 10, 2017, 09:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kephapaulos

How do you post pictures?

And how do you create links?

dymphna17

Lynne can help with that.  She is a "how to post pics and links" guru!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lynne

Oh dear! I didn't see this till 5 am which is when I say my rosary. I'll respond when I get home from work, if no one else has jumped in by then...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Gardener

Pics:
Have direct link to image: http://www.example.com/pics/image.jpg

Click on the mona lisa icon below the "bold" button. Place link between the ...] [/... tags as such (spaced to prevent image link):

[ img ] http://www.example.com/pics/image.jpg [ / img ]

Links:

Have link: http://www.example.com/info/dontbanlynne.html

Cick on globe/clipboard to the right of the mona lisa icon. Place link between tags

[ url ] http://www.example.com/info/dontbanlynne.html [ / url ]

Profit.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Jacob

More with links:

[url=http://www.google.com]Google[/url]
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

ServusMariae

linking photos from other websites is cheesecake, but what about photos from our own devices? (E.g - wanna upload original artworks from my computer but frustrated at not being able to find a way to upload them) Do we send such pics as attachments instead?

Gardener

As a piggyback to Jacob's post:

Please hover your mouse over any hyperlinks to see where it actually goes before clicking...

Suscipe Domine
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Gardener

Quote from: ServusMariae on October 11, 2017, 07:58:00 AM
linking photos from other websites is cheesecake, but what about photos from our own devices? (E.g - wanna upload original artworks from my computer but frustrated at not being able to find a way to upload them) Do we send such pics as attachments instead?

Click "attachments and other options" below the com box.

Browse > select file(s) > post.

ETA: correct "before" to "below"

Lynne

Quote from: Gardener on October 11, 2017, 07:58:16 AM

Please hover your mouse over any hyperlinks to see where it actually goes before clicking...

Suscipe Domine

hahahaha

Great write-ups!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

ServusMariae

Quote from: Gardener on October 11, 2017, 07:58:16 AM

Suscipe Domine

I see what you did there, Gardener ... lol.

ServusMariae

Quote from: Gardener on October 11, 2017, 07:59:08 AM

Click "attachments and other options" before the com box.

Yeah, I know that trick already. but I wanna be able to insert my pretty photos inline with text!!! :3

Gardener

Quote from: ServusMariae on October 11, 2017, 08:04:18 AM

Yeah, I know that trick already. but I wanna be able to insert my pretty photos inline with text!!! :3

Then you would need to load them to an image hosting site and link w/ img tags.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Gardener on October 11, 2017, 08:16:34 AM
Quote from: ServusMariae on October 11, 2017, 08:04:18 AM

Then you would need to load them to an image hosting site and link w/ img tags.

You know, I manage kids, school, meals, laundry, chores, and errands week after week after week.  But, when it comes to something as simple as this....I'm just too darn lazy  :P

Kaesekopf

Imgur is my go to for photo hosting that I put here.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kephapaulos