911 Never Forget Never Forgive

Started by red solo cup, September 11, 2017, 05:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Lynne

Can't watch this at work...

(just to clarify, because it still upsets me, even 16 years later, not that I was unable to watch it due to it being blocked at work)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Chestertonian

I still remember the dusty haze over the river and the smrll of chemicals and the eerie quiet throughout the city
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

9/11 wasn't the first time we saw the use of transportation to terrorize and kill.  We didn't back down then nor should we back down now.

Réquiem æternam dona ei, Dómine.     
R. Et lux perpétua lúceat ei.     

Requiéscat in pace.
R. Amen.     

Anima eius, et ánimæ ómnium fidélium defunctórum,
per misericórdiam Dei requiéscant in pace.
R. Amen.

****Edited to correct unintentional inaccuracies (see sentence wlth bolded word)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Never forfotten, never forgiven, but being a conspirorist, maybe the object of my non- forgiveness is different from yours, Red.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

OCLittleFlower

:pray3: :pray3: :pray3:

Read an interesting article about the so-called "jumpers."

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a48031/the-falling-man-tom-junod/

I can't, personally, view it the way I would more ordinary "suicides."  After all, how can jumping away from a fire caused by murdering terrorists truly be suicide?  And many of them grabbed any fabric they could as makeshift parachutes -- it didn't work, but surely a sign of wanting to live, however slim the chance (and the chance for those who stayed above the point of impact was nil, especially in the North tower -- a VERY small number were able to get out above the point of impact in the South tower).
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Kaesekopf

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 11, 2017, 07:48:51 AM
9/11 was the first time we saw the use of transportation to terrorize and kill.  We didn't back down then nor should we back down now.

Réquiem æternam dona ei, Dómine.     
R. Et lux perpétua lúceat ei.     

Requiéscat in pace.
R. Amen.     

Anima eius, et ánimæ ómnium fidélium defunctórum,
per misericórdiam Dei requiéscant in pace.
R. Amen.
McVeigh tho?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 12, 2017, 12:26:29 AM
jet fuel can't melt steel beams
P R E A C H I T B R O T H E R

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Kaesekopf

LausTibiChriste

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

clau clau

9/11 was the first time we saw the use of transportation to terrorize and kill.

No it was not.

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

OCLittleFlower

-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

LausTibiChriste

- MaximGun

dymphna17

Quote from: clau clau on September 12, 2017, 12:42:04 AM
9/11 was the first time we saw the use of transportation to terrorize and kill.

No it was not.

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fa5%2F0f%2F02%2Fa50f02701e67ff92089e0af1275465ec.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fit.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F91338698669192743%2F&docid=VJAY1H3T1-jnfM&tbnid=YN9SawgfX3Jk2M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjS3cKHhZ_WAhXCDcAKHcG0D0kQMwg7KAkwCQ..i&w=512&h=503&itg=1&safe=off&bih=559&biw=360&q=dick%20turpin%20stand%20and%20deliver&ved=0ahUKEwjS3cKHhZ_WAhXCDcAKHcG0D0kQMwg7KAkwCQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

If he had threatened to have the horse bowl them over, with the horse heading  their way, that picture would have qualified as accurate.

I amended my post and apologize to everyone for any confusion I may have caused.  Kaese is right, in that this wasn't the first time transportation was used to terrorize and kill.  My thought with McVeigh was that it was the explosives that did the damage and left people dead, but on 9/11, the actual plane itself was used for the main part of the damage. 

I've got to get out of the hair splitting business.   :popcorn: :beer: 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica