Any forum members in Southern Florida?

Started by Greg, September 06, 2017, 03:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacebene83

For those who stay in Flriday special rates on " ham on rye" sandwiches at Jewish Deli-s.   Eleven dollars per sandwich  but for  you ten-ninety-eight.  Ouy Ve.

Schalom.

Inquisitor

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

dymphna17

Quote from: red solo cup on September 09, 2017, 04:38:19 AM
http://www.charlottestories.com/58000-people-joined-together-attempt-re-direct-hurricane-irma-using-fans/

:rofl:
I'm pretty sure a more efficient way to do this, would be to have everyone in Washington DC face south toward Florida when they make their speeches.   :P :lol: 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

LausTibiChriste

Side by side comparison of Andrew and Irma

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

dymphna17

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 09, 2017, 05:00:40 AM

Wow!  The weather channel has said that Irma is looking like it will be both bigger and stronger than any other hurricane to ever hit Florida.  This picture sure gives perspective to that statement.  Too bad they couldn't aim that for the left coast and the Northern regions that are literally on fire.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 09, 2017, 05:09:01 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 09, 2017, 05:00:40 AM

Wow!  The weather channel has said that Irma is looking like it will be both bigger and stronger than any other hurricane to ever hit Florida.  This picture sure gives perspective to that statement.  Too bad they couldn't aim that for the left coast and the Northern regions that are literally on fire.

Vancouver recently:

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

dymphna17

That is crazy Laus!  I've got relatives in Montana that think they are going to have to evacuate any minute.  I can't imagine trying to decide what to leave and what to take.  At least with tornadoes you don't have to make that decision since everything is obliterated.  You'd better have anything you want to keep in your go bag.  Anyway, I really hope everyone stays safe.  Especially the First Responders, firemen, police, hospital workers, and security officers in the jails and prisons.   :pray3: :pray2: :pray1:

There are maps showing where all the fires are that correspond with this article at the website.  For some reason, I couldn't get them to show up.  IMO, the fires are much scarier than hurricanes and tornadoes.  When we lived in California, one got close enough for us to see the actual flames from our front porch.  It made for beautiful sunsets, but that was the extent of good that came from them.  My poor relatives in Montana are trying to decide what to let go of as they evacuate.  The situation isn't too dire right now, but evacuation in a calm manner rather than having the fire licking your boots, is a good idea.  Prayers for all involved in any of these disasters.   :pray3:

http://wildfiretoday.com/

Satellite detects heat from wildfires, September 7

(Originally published at 6:36 p.m. MDT September 7, 2017.)

Large wildfires Washington Oregon northern California
Large wildfires currently active in Washington, Oregon, and northern California. The red, yellow, and orange dots represent heat detected by a satellite in the 24 hour period ending at 10 a.m. MDT September 6.
These maps show heat that was detected by a satellite on wildfires in the northwestern United States during the 24-hour period ending at 6 p.m. Thursday September 7, 2017. We did not include heat from the 6 days previous to the last 24 hours.

If there was heat found, it means the fires are still active, however some of it could be from proactive burning by firefighters to secure the area between firelines and the edge of the fires.

map wildfires idaho montana
Large wildfires currently active in Montana and Idaho. The red, yellow, and orange dots represent heat detected by a satellite in the 24 hour period ending at 6 p.m. MDT September 7.
?